GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Sad. Just think about it, what business did a hundred year old man with a bib have running the lives of millions of people? That dusty old dude couldn't have had a clue what working families lives are like today!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I have a funny story about Carey Barber. When I was at Bethel, he was conducting morning worship one morning. After the comments from the Day's Text were given, he began to discuss the dangers of Bethelites getting involved in loose conduct. One Bethelite had gotten kicked out for going to a strip club and getting a lap dance. Here's how Barber worded it:

"One of the members of the Bethel family thought that it would be a good idea to pay $20 to dance with a Broadway hussy in her underwear."

You could hear several soft snickers throughout the dining room. For about a week, jokes were flying around Bethel about how several of us were planning on going down to lower Manhattan to dance with a "hussy", and that maybe Carey would like to come along with us.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

One down, eleven to go.

This dude looks nasty enough to scare a dog of a t-bone steak.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yeah, I would want someone that old running my life. Maybe between crapping his pants, and being spoon fed.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

That's it? He just passed away peacefully?

So who do I see to get a lease on his soul? Would be nice to rake him over the coals, stick a pitch fork in him, force him to commit horrible acts of bestiality with a porcupine.

Gutless coward sat at the top of the hierarchy and did nothing good for those below. Stuffed himself with free meals and had eager volunteers to wipe his ass. I'd etch that on his gravestone.

INQ

• mouthy
    mouthy

All I can say. He sure had been given time to repent...Poor old soul. He never really had an abundent life. To think at one point in my life I would have deemed it an honor to have met him ,All I feel for him is great pity....

• Scully
    Scully

Won't he be shocked when his heavenly reward isn't.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So....is there anyone left in Bethel who knew Rutherford?

• heathen
    heathen

that explains all that, "end is near", stuff lately , it was near alrighty , not for a wicked world and apostates tho....

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

He looks so pitiful in those pictures. I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit