GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur
    So....is there anyone left in Bethel who knew Rutherford?

I believe John Barr had at least met him. I think that Barr was serving at the British Bethel when Rutheford was President, and may have met him when Rutheford made his trip to Europe.

• outoftheorg?
    outoftheorg?

I don't have any feelings of sorrow of any kind for any of the former or present governing body members.

They are responsible for all the lives wasted or torn apart by their leadership of the wbts.

If some of them didn't come up with the hateful ideas they at the least, condoned and supported the hateful rules and the punishments attached.

All the broken marriages and families and lost opportunities people endured just to please a group of religious idiots.

Demanding that people give up their lives and the lives of their children by not accepting blood transfusions or organ transplants, in order to be accepted by their religious leaders.

There are no excuses for their evil behavior.

Outoftheorg

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Man, what a COMPLETE SURPRISE this old coot had when he was engulfed in the Light! No Jehovah did he meet, but the all-embracing Light of Love. Perhaps it was too much and the old fellow screamed and turned tail and ran for the nearest womb to be reborn. As a female Muslim in Iran. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Round we go
    Dote z doe
    Round we go
    What it means don't nobody know!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So now, there's 9 of them. What, are they going to pull some 47 year old guy up there now? Maybe another person of color? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Norman Barber is listed as a full time servant in the Yearbooks until 1955. Maybe he left bethel, died, or left the Witnesses altogether.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    *** jv 546 23 Missionaries Push Worldwide Expansion ***
    Their persevering in their assignments was not because they necessarily found their physical surroundings to be ideal. Norman Barber, who served in Burma (now Myanmar) and India, from 1947 until his death in 1986, expressed himself in this way: “If a person rejoices to be used by Jehovah, then one place is as good as another. . . . Frankly speaking, tropical weather is not my idea of the ideal weather in which to live. Neither is the way tropical people live the way I would personally choose to live. But there are more important things to take into consideration than such trivial matters. Being able to render aid to people who are really spiritually poor is a privilege beyond human powers to express.”

He got the bum deal if you ask me.

Slim

• Clam
    Clam
    who takes his place?

davros.jpg

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Who lives to over 100?

Daniel and princess Adad Guppi, according to WT Chronology

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Why can't the GB retire at a certain age, say, once they hit a youthful 85 at least lol?

For how many years was Barbour so decrepid that he contributed absolutely nothing?

Pathetic in its truest sense.

• Sasha
    Sasha

No one on the governing body is annointed. They will anounce his replacement soon. Maybe Orack Obama???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit