GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Maybe you should only trust the spirit that moves you!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybe you should only trust the spirit that moves you! Thats exactly what I am doing THE HOLY SPIRIT

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: But you must realise that I was one of those that taught false teaching ----didnt you? He was a follower of followers...

Sorry Grace, but no he wasn't: Carey Barber was a self-appointed god who was instrumental in destroying thousands of lives by helping to implement arbitrary and harmful rules all in the 'name of Jehovah'---------you never did anything of the kind. You, like the rest of us suckers, were simply following what we believe to be 'the Truth'. According to Crisis of Conscience, Carey Barber was one of the slimeballs on the GB who didn't want the brothers to be able to accept Alternate Service in the military. How many brothers had to go to prison and endure god-knows-what else, because of men like Carey Barber? It's one thing to teach something, not realizing that it's false. It's quite something else when the error is brought to your attention and yet you continue to enforce the doctrine due to your love for position, power and authority. I hope the son of a bitch is burning in hell.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Mary for trying to sooth my soul!!!! Lets agree that we were led by a evil doer. But in MY mind I really cant understand anyone KNOWING they using GODS platform to create evil...I just cant accept the fact that those up the top( Bethel) really KNOW it is lies & still continues on. Call me stupid. But thats my thought ... Since I dont believe HELL is a burning place .I dont hink your wishes will come true. I do believe Just as though whoask Jesus to be their LORD & Savior expect to be in a WONDERFUL place "no pain, no tears, no suffering, I also believe Hell will be a place of constant "cutting" of from God. A place of pain, tears, suffering, there were two choices we were offered. The DOOR_>>>> Jesus, THE KING>>>> Or the Prince ( of the earth)>>>> Satan
    Thems my 2 cents again....
    No rocks please

• dawg
    dawg

Mark911... Nice post!

Onthewayout... I'm still learning at 45 that my way isn't always the right way.. please excuse me if I've made any gaffs in my posts... I wish you and I could have a beer sometime as I think I could learn a lot from a man like you... I know I'm not always right, i'm just throwing my crap out there and seeing how much sticks. But, facts are facts, and I can't think of any argument where only one side can present so called facts without challenge and then be so pious as to call you names for knowing better; all this without ever seeing if what your opposition says is true. That is what pisses me off at these guys! Look at how you and I show each other respect, and it's real respect, and then look at how disrespectful these morons are... Won't even hear the evidence and then won't talk to you for knowing better. We don't treat each other like this and we're total strangers sans the posts we make on this board! I'm no stranger to my family and they won't even hear the evidence-Just damn! Your a good man on the way!

• Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: Thanks Mary for trying to sooth my soul!!!! Lets agree that we were led by a evil doer. But in MY mind I really can't understand anyone KNOWING they using GODS platform to create evil...I just cant accept the fact that those up the top (Bethel) really KNOW it is lies & still continues on.

Yes I know it's hard to believe that----before I read Crisis of Conscience, I would have never believed it either. But it's all there is black and white for us to read. Freddie Franz and the rest of the Governing Body were specifically told that there was no biblical, historical or archaeological evidence that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. They were faced with a dilema: either change the doctrine to the true date and possibly lose their power and authority over the R&F, or cover up the truth, make questioning the doctrine a disfellowshipping offense and thereby retain their power and authority. We know which option they chose. They soothed their conscience by insisting that it was for the good of the Organization and surely Jehovah wouldn't hold it against them. They squashed anyone who they deemed a possible threat and destroyed their lives. In essence, like in the Star Wars saga, the Governing Body members were seduced by their own power and became the very evil that they had been preaching against.

Believe me Grace, you've got nothing in common with creeps like Carey Barber.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

another baffon bites the dust. (sorry Mouthy , I know what you mean. But its men like him that ruined my life and the life of so many others)

wanna

• dawg
    dawg

Damn great posts by all, Mouthy, mary and wanna... I think it;s great that we have a forum where we can disagree without being "apostate".

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    How can anyone put their trust in men?

It's simple.....for those of us who had NO bible training or knowledge at ALL.....and to have someone come to your door and ask if you want to learn what is in YOUR bible...and the rest is history.

WE didn't know it was "only from men" because it sounded so good and well put together....and having zero experience with religionist frauds...I had no way avalable to me at the time....to know if they were telling "the truth" or not! It wasn't until decades later did I see things on the internet that didn't match up with what I was TOLD or was LED TO BELIEVE about the "spotless reputation" of the men who run the WTS.....and the rest of THAT is history too.

It isn't a crime to be gullible when you have had NO previous experience in these things and don't KNOW what questions TO ask! The WTS is very clever and know just how to prey on those that they CAN......and do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit