AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• mavie
    mavie

Jeff, glad to have you here!

I read in awe your wife's reaction to the attack on your life! Especially the 'fuck you' bit.

I have a feeling you will be an asset to this board, it's great to have you!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I enjoyed your story here as much as the other board. Glad you found this big support system. There are lots of folks here that have great ideas, knowledge, and interesting lives. This board will benefit from your presence.

Leslie

• anewme
    anewme

WOW WOW WOW!!!

WELCOME JEFF!!

That was an incredible story and so well written. You had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next!

So sorry about all the sorrows you have suffered. But life is like that Jeff, a real mix.
    Please stay with us and contribute more as you feel the desire. You express yourself very clearly and speak so well of the pain we all have felt.

The advantage we have is that WE KNOW HOW MUCH BETTER LIFE IS AWAY FROM THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY!
    You will soon know this wonderful feeling of freedom and happiness as well.

A very warm welcome to you Jeff!

Anewme

• moshe
    moshe

Great story! Can't wait to hear more.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Very interesting story, and welcome to the board!

I totally relate to your feelings about the supposed "lifesaving" work. People's lives being dependent on their receptiveness to somebody offering them some stupid magazines. Ridiculous.

• TopHat
    TopHat

ATJ, Thank You for telling the truth the real truth about the GB. The Katrina aftermath in New Oleans was my eye opener among other things. I didn't want to see people suffer like those poor souls. The childern and babies got to my heart and deep underlining thoughts of doom and armagedden leaped into my head. I could not for the life of me, see God doing that to people. I felt sorry for everyone including the pets that were left behind by their owners. I was so happy see the pets rescued along with the people in New Orleans.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Jeff - your family history is similar to mine. My dad was df'd for smoking. My mom was 2nd gen JW and was pretty laid back as to the religion (but in her old age has become a die hard jw).

My then jw fiancee tried to commit suicide and then shortly thereafter wrote his DA ltr. It was during this period of time that I started to question things seriously because of the treatment he received during that period of time. It took a bit more sadness before I left for good.

My heart goes out to you. I have been out for quite a while now and truthfully I buy into the "what does not destroy me makes me stronger". I know that had I not gone through what I did, I would not be here. I have no doubt I would still be a good jw had I not endured what I did and finally left.

Heartfelt sympathy and well wishes to you and your loved ones.

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear about your brother, atjf.

I'm glad to see you here, you will be an asset to this board, especially because you like to help people. That's what we are all here for, helping one another.

You are such a good writer, and your story is very interesting. I can't believe I read the whole thing in one sitting. LOL !!

Did you ever think of writing a book about your experiences?

There are many who write books about their life in the Watchtower, and yours I'm sure would be very interesting and knowledgeable.

Think about it.

Welcome to the board.

Hubert

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Yup, they are the prophetic parallels of Elisha and Elijah!! WTF???! I knew then. You know that sinking feeling you get when it hits, but you don’t really want to believe it? I had that moment. It is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE that the bible prophesied Rutherford and Knorr…But everyone ate it up like pudding. Everyone was so convinced that “Jehovah” had picked these men, but I saw something else, the pettiness, the politics, the business side of things. The efforts to instill in you “Be happy in whatever hellhole god puts you in” because its gods work.. It has to be! He picked Rutherford and Knorr right? Can you believe I have a bible full of notes with the name “Rutherford” written over Elisha!!!!???? You can’t make this shit up!

Welcome to the board! This caught my eyes. Who knew?

• Paisley
    Paisley

Jeff your story is deeply moving and riveting. I'm not used to all the ads in a person's posts, but maybe that's normal here.

Anyway, wow! What a story, and I'm so glad you broke free of both a toxic marriage and a toxic cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit