AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome. Wow! I have some questions for you. Quite a few, actually. May I PM them, or would you prefer I post the questions in a separate thread?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow quite a story..first part of it u sound like me..tho i didnt have those kind of negative experiences later..(i had different kinds)

yes like others i too would be interested in hearing the gilead experiences..(i have heard said that gilead had been directly responsible for producing its fair share of apostates)

just a point on the elijah/elisha thing i also seem to recall that a parallel was drawn between the 2 eras of the 'annointed'...pre 35 great crowd and post..i am thinking naomi/ruth and some jesus parables were applied this way

so welcome

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome; it sounds like you are on your way to healing. There will be ups and downs, but you're going in the right direction. Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

Emma from Ann Arbor

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Wow! What a story!

Welcome!!!!

ENJOY EVERY BIT OF YOUR LIFE AND FREEDOM!!!!

Many Hugs & Smiles!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the forum.

What a story, thankyou for sharing it. I wholeheartedly agree with you here.

They are a bunch of misguided people following misguided men with just enough knowledge of the bible to be very dangerous. The problem isn’t their teachings, it is that they believe their own bullshit 100%!!

That is exactly right. It seemed to me at times that, although it was acknowledged that the governing body are only men, there was a feeling amongst many jws that, as far as scriptural interpretation was concerned, the gb are infallible, and anything they say, however ridiculous, has to be right, because their interpretaion is not their own but given to them by god. I used to think like that, and it's very hard to break free from that level of indoctrination. I am so happy for you that you have managed to do it.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I, too, became an American - and a member of the human race - on 9-11. I watched Americans reach out to help and support one another and band together as brothers. I wondered why they didn't turn on one another and eat their children, you know, like the Watchtower said they would. It was the tipping point for me. Two years later, I was AWOl from the meetings, no longer an elder, and well on the way in my search for my authentic true self.

Good luck on your jouiney, and thanks for sharing with us.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

WoW what a story and welcome to the forum.

She would have to love me now, we made it!!

I can complete understand this thought, my ex was the same mentally unstable person that measured everything by "Spiritual Standards" and equated everything with advancement.

All in the home had real pity for me except for one, my wife.

To many memories like the same. I remember my ex telling me that she loved me less when I stepped down as an elder.

Anyway glad to have you aboard and looking forward to your insightful life with the Witnesses

abr

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Let Your Name Be Sanctified is not in WT Library. (wonder why) In any case, at Gilead, it is officially a question on all the tests who Elijah (Rutherford) and Elisha (Knorr) prophetically picture. These types and anti types were all from Fred Franz, who according to Ray Franz, held that the position of Pres of the WTBTS was the main position that YHWH was using.

Dear AllTimeJeff,

I found it odd that the society doesn't teach that it was Russell and Rutherford..but rather Rutherford and Knorr. When telling my Mother about your story, and this part of it, she told me that years ago the society taught that it was Russell and Rutherford who had a "passing of the mantel".

Funny how time went on, and because of their embarrasing history, now they don't want to direct anyone to Russell. Yet he was the faithful slave!! Did they teach you anything about Russell??

Now, the two in the limelight is Rutherford and Knorr..go figure..

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome Again!

What an amazing story! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• zack
    zack

AllTimeJeff:

Welcome! I wish you all the best. I can identify 100% with your moment of clarity. When my CO at my pioneer school told me that "Jehovah had appointed Nathan Knorr over all his

belongings on Earth at the age of 37! Can you imagine that? 37!" The answer for myself was: NO! I can't imagine it! (I have been in all my life, elder, pioneer, first student talk in 1970)

But I was caught in the riptide... (Your phrase...good one) It's taken me some time to go this path.

Sorry about your marriage. It's typical to have "all the ORG. has done for you!" thrown in your face. Just exactly what does the ORG do for anyone?

I don't think they (the leadeship) believe their own bullshit. I am convinced the higher ups all know its a crock but perpetuate just the same for their own ends. People who SEARCH

for and WANT TRUTH will admit mistakes. This bunch deceives, covers over, hides, ducks, blames the reader, manipulates, and outright lies.

Again. ALL THE BEST TO YOU!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit