AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• Gill
    Gill

AllTimeJeff! Welcome and Welcome again! What a brilliant life story. I'm so glad you escaped all those bad experiences.

The only person I had to run away from who had a knife was my pious JW father, who thinks he's better than anyone else! Crazy bunch! I know how traumatic it can be and glad that you are all right now!

Gill

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On Elijah/Elisha = Rutherford/Knorr see Let Your Name Be Sanctified chapter 18. Not been mentioned much since, but not officially renounced either I don't think.

Slim

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Let Your Name Be Sanctified is not in WT Library. (wonder why) In any case, at Gilead, it is officially a question on all the tests who Elijah (Rutherford) and Elisha (Knorr) prophetically picture. These types and anti types were all from Fred Franz, who according to Ray Franz, held that the position of Pres of the WTBTS was the main position that YHWH was using. (sorry, I can't type that name out too much these days, YHWH will have to do) As you can see from the WT quote below, it is still an official teaching, and I don't believe it has been restated in a WT since the 1960's.

Again, realize that the point of all this is to reinforce the authority of the GB. It is pretty convuluted....

Ask me another time what the 10 plauges symbolize prophetically.

*** w658/15pp.494-495pars.11-12TurningtoJehovah***

Do you recall Elisha’s first miracle? It was the same as Elijah’s last one, using the official garment that had fallen from Elijah for the same purpose, enabling Elisha to recross the riverbed dryshod. Only now he was alone, except that Jehovah was backing him up. In between those two miracles another notable one occurred, when Elijah ascended to the heavens in a windstorm after being separated from Elisha by a fiery war chariot and horses. That prophetically pictured the end of the work by the Elijah class and the continuation of the same work, only intensified, by the Elisha class. The historical events occurring early in the war year of 1942 marked the fulfillment of this changeover. Just prior to that time, in the midst of World War II, it seemed as if the witness work might be coming to its end. The outlook was very uncertain. On January 8, 1942, the president of the Watch Tower Society, J. F. Rutherford, died. Did the work stop?—2 Ki. 2:11-14.

To the contrary, the Elisha class, made up of the remaining members of the anointed remnant, immediately carried on with the same work of dividing the symbolic waters, even as Elisha did in a literal way. The same Watch Tower Society was used as a publishing agency, but with a new elected president. In the same issue of TheWatchtower that announced President Rutherford’s death, there appeared the leading article entitled "Final Gathering," based on Jeremiah 16:16, telling of an intensive fishing and hunting for those who might yet be recovered. In the late summer of 1942 a three-day convention was held by Jehovah’s witnesses at Cleveland, Ohio, with repeat programs in many cities of other countries. The main theme was based on Isaiah, chapters 59 and 60, bidding God’s people to "Arise . . . shed forth light," resulting in a great flock of peoples coming to the light, "flying just like a cloud." (Isa. 60:1-3, 8; Rev. 7:9) No doubt about it! The Elisha class recognized their commission and were losing no time!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetingd AllTimeJeffs,

Wow! Your story made for some great reading. My head was spinning by the end. You've been through alot. (an understatement) It amazes me that after all that, you're still deemed the bad guy for wanting to leave. What a deplorable, sick organization.

Again welcome to JWD

Dismembered

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

i just now read through your whole story, you have definitely been through alot. So sorry about your brother, and thankful you can have your family back again.-----------Dave

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A quick question about the wife. She wasn't very understanding about your wanting to quit the
    missionary assignment. She should have been supportive after your attacks, that this was not
    the life you wanted. Was she thrilled to be in that assignment, or was she just thrilled to
    have the status, but hated the assignment?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It was nuts. She has always wanted to go overseas, and to Africa at that. Frankly, I look back and can see that I had set these goals that I was going to achieve without realizing I didn't want to go. For her though, she would have been happy to go their and never return. And she definitly had no empathy or sympathy for me. I tried for over half a year when we came back to get her to see that our marriage was in trouble, but I couldn't even talk to her. She compared leaving her missionary assignment to losing a baby, a comparason that still upsets me. From what I hear, she would like to go to a foreign assignment again. Oh well... Better her then me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it comes up, tell her that while she can't be a missionary, she can still go back.
    There are several areas of African countries that would welcome her help.

Also, she could learn American Sign Language. I know in Ghana (and other areas)
    they need Sign Language Interpreters, and Amer. Sign Language is the one that
    seems to be leading the pack. She could make many converts of the deaf.

I just say this, because she would be over there, out of your hair completely.
    You have such a good positive hopeful outlook. Explain to her that she can still
    do Jehovah's Watchtower's will.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

AllTimeJeff,

Welcome to the board. What an incredible story you have!

You can’t make this shit up!...They are a bunch of misguided people following misguided men with just enough knowledge of the bible to be very dangerous. The problem isn’t their teachings, it is that they believe their own bullshit 100%!!

Indeed my brother! That's why I appreciate this board so much because we've all walked down the path to varying degrees. Seemingly intelligent people that were deluded into believing so many things that we now reconize as BS. Frankly, I'm embarrassed to admit to most friends outside the "truth" what I actually believed.

I'm really sorry about the loss of your brother.

I am going next week to visit my dad and my mom, to make peace with them and beg their forgiveness.

And I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. Life is too short to not forgive.

Look forward to your comments!

• new boy
    new boy

Welcome my friend........... Great Post!! The 9/11 thing was the last straw for me too, turned my letter in on 9/18.........after 52 years worth of bull shit!.......at least you don't have to waste another 30 years.

NB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit