NEW: 2007 Yearbook (Cover, Letter from G.B. and pictures of them)

by What-A-Coincidence 68 Replies latest members private

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Wow, this is fantastic.

The translators of the NWT are all anonymous so as not to give glory to any individual.

Birthdays are unscriptural because they focus attention on an individual rather than God.

JW's are not a cult because they put no emphasis on an earthly leader(s), heck can you even name members of the GB?!?

And TAAAA DAAA! Headshots of all the old guys with a special message. Surely posting their message before God's word is in line with bible principles.

Oooooh I'm going to have a field day with this.

• oddeye
    oddeye

10 men to rule them all

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

So, can the old timers show their personal retirement plans, investments, savings and IRA's for anyone who wants to see them (like some politicians do)? If their health should prevent them from continuing in the Bethel penthouses sacred service, any substantial monetary savings they may have would demonstrate a lack of faith is the impending New Order.

YC

• proplog2
    proplog2

They look like Amway representatives.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Watchtower secrecy is one of the most disturbing elements of life within the organization. When I was a young man, those we identify with "the governing body" were fairly approachable, but the organization was much smaller too. (I remember the Informant that notified the congregations that we'd past one hundred thousand worldwide. I remember brother Southworth's article "Jehovah's 50,000 Witnesses" too.) Knorr, for all his irascibility, F. W. Franz, and particularly Macmillian were easy to approach, unless you had an unscriptural awe of men.

Other than Barr, I've never met any of these people. I know nothing about them. I have no clue what if any "spiritual" qualifications they have. I have no proof that they have any qualifications. They are distant from the congregations. This seems to be part of a penchant for secrecy that slowly grew after Rutherford's death.

Many of the brothers and sisters felt comfortable writing directly to brother Rutherford, and he would answer as he could. When he died, Knorr halted that practice. He had "the society" answer letters addressed to him. The author's name was dropped from the title page of Watchtower books. The first Kingdom Ministry School text book was secret. (Totally silly. I've read it and each of its successors. There's nothing in any of them worth keeping secret.)

The wall of secrecy is stupid. It separates the congregations from any sort of reality. The apostle Paul was conformable signing his letters. Let's have a similar sense of responsibility from Watchtower authors! Tell us who is responsible for what is published.

I believe the decision to make Watchtower publications anonymous was based on the lack of any qualification except training within the Watchtower organizational structure.

• nemises
    nemises

Hello all! I am new here! I am an ex-bethelite and ex-JW! I had a roommate that was very close to one of the governing body! I found some to be very approachable, and yet some to be unapproachable and uncomfortable to associate with. I just could not believe that one of them could swear as much as he did, in front of others!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I think they read my DA letter and decided to put that up:

It has taken me a long time to write this letter because I could not decide what to say. I thought about discussing every point were I do not agree with Jehovah’s Witnesses. I thought about pointing out how the past false prophesies of the religion has made it obvious it is not governed by God’s holy spirit. (Deut. 18: 20-22) This letter also might have been about my objections to a group of men I have never met, nor know their names deciding my beliefs and my inability to have any thoughts based on my personal study and relationship with God.

That was the first part of my letter. They answered my prayers so now I can go back ... HAHAHAHA!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How interesting! Jesus' words were "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love amongst yourselves." Yet the cover of the JW Yearbook shows none of that! Instead we have images of people engaging in proselytising, one picture of an old-time printer and one of TWO GIRAFFES!!

Where, oh where is the evidence of "love among themselves" by which we are supposed to identify Christ's followers?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ozzie, there are 4 giraffes in that picture, and they seem quite happy and enjoying the love among the brotherhood.

• free2beme
    free2beme

You get that group in the room, all at the same time, and you got the makings of a great party there. I tell you what!

Barber looks like he is holding a joke or laugh.

Is the one black member named Brother Token Black?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit