• alek uk
    alek uk

same for me hope they rot in hell

• juni
    juni

Where there's a will, there's a way.

• aalaaskaanmaan
    aalaaskaanmaan

Now everybody knows and accepts as fact that the Watchtower Society's Governing Body told lots of younger Bethelites to go back out into the congregations, but when this was first told on the Christian Witnesses website some readers doubted it. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses

Something I'd like to get totally clear on is if it was 1,500 in total that are going back to the local level or just what number? Any clarification on it yet?

Might this lead to the Governing Body's dismissing Bethelites in the branch facilities in other nations as well? Perhaps someone from Australia, South Africa, the U.K. etc might care to comment on this if they've heard anything on it one way or another.

Cheers

• juni
    juni

All I can comment on right now is how do you want to be addressed? You must love the letter "a". Give us all an abbreviation of your alias, alright? Thanks.

G'day,

Juni :)

• Anitar
    Anitar

Un-believable. Notice how they never kick out old members of the governing body. Although, unless I'm

mistaken, there are only two members of the GB under the age of 90! These people being kicked out in their

60's have little or no life skills, no savings or social security, and no where to go. It is astounding that

this hypocritical "organization" still proclaims that there is no class distinctions among Jehovah's

Witnesses. But on the plus side, these people have such an extensive knowledge of the inner workings of

Bethel, and they have the potental to tell the world the ugly truth about the Watchtower. Raymond Franz

anyone? HE HE HE...

• under_believer
    under_believer

Anitar, incorrect on a couple of points. They did force the resignation of one Governing Body member, Ray Franz. His story is told in the excellent book Crisis of Conscience. I recommend it, it's really a great read. Also, there are now at least four GB members who are not in their 90's.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    They had too much to lose financially and socially to quit the JWs, though. So they chalk all the events up to human imperfection and live the lives of liberal JWs.

sounds exactly where I think my sister and her husband are...........he was just appointed an elder after 45 years as a witness.........he is college educated, and all their kids, my nephews, are recieving college level educations..........one nephew is a computer geek, the other is a nurse, and the last one is going to be a teacher.......I consider that a bit more south of the party line of the WTS, but, they are very comfortable. They have owned their own home, own a time share and take regular vacations..........

• juni
    juni
    he was just appointed an elder after 45 years as a witness.........he is college educated, and all their kids, my nephews, are recieving college level educations..........one nephew is a computer geek, the

Sunnygal - That's probably why they waited 45 yrs. to appoint him an elder because he refused to let them bully him around as far as his kids going to college. Good for him! They wanted to make sure he was still spiritually-minded before appointing him. Let those awful "college cooties" wear off.

Anitar - WELCOME TO THE FORUM - I feel you made very good points. Keep posting. Thanks.

Juni

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what if someone just refuses to go....what would they do....if someone said with absolute genuineness and sincerity that they had considered their re-assignment and prayed about it and have decided that they are unable to take up their new position elsewhere so will just have to stay in bethel...do you think they would be physically removed - not allowed to empty their desks as it were..would they bring the police in to do it...change the locks on their rooms etc..dont suppose anyone will try it but it would be funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit