Lots of Bethelites Not Happy With Downsizing

by Seeker4 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist
    On a personal note:

My company recently hired and thereafter let go one of these ex-bethelites. He came with a letter of recomendation from bethel and resume that looked great, but he had no concept of how the real world worked, and was almost completely worthless for all the things his resume said he was an expert on.

When we discussed his performance two weeks before he was let go, he started praying to Jehovah to be able to keep his job, in a LOUD voice I might add. He is a nice guy dont get me wrong, but that is just not how you act at work, nor is it fair to me the employer and fellow JW.

Now most of our employees are JW's, but I wonder at where this behaviour comes from. I have known several brother who went back for a year and are quite normal, but those that spend a long time at bethel seem to get so disconnected, the only people they can work for are witnesses, and even then they are a little odd.

Just my observations

This is a comment over at the Paradise Cafe on the thread about the Bethel Layoffs. (I hope it shows up here, I've never managed to cut and paste before).

Cellist

• greendawn
    greendawn

The unsaid assumption in all the posts is that the WTS does not help those that served it when they are in need, nobody thinks these old horses that did so much work for the borg will be given a little compensation to ease their sudden loss of food and shelter.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Looks like the Borg got to Paradise Cafe. It is shut down.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I wonder what happened. I'm glad I saved that little nugget to my computer.

Cellist

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

In my discussion with this brother, he mentioned that poor health was one of the factors in asking people to leave.
    The Society understands, I'm sure, what a drain it will be financially to take care of the aging members of the Bethel "family." Health care at Bethel has never been great, from what I was recently told by a longtime former Bethelite.
    S4

• blondie
    blondie

The operators of Paradise Cafe regard JWD as an apostate site and may block their info from being cut and pasted here.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

so what has actually happened at Bethel? Are they shutting down or something?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

JWD an apostate site! My god, why didn't anyone tell me!!
    S4

• LDH
    LDH
    My friend said there is a lot of resentment, disappointment and frustration among the long time Bethelites who were told at one time to consider Bethel as a "lifetime career."

This my friends, is a class action lawsuit just WAITING to happen.

What the Bethelites had was a 'meeting of the minds'--they give their life up to Bethel, and stay there until Armegeddon or the new system rescues them. A meeting of the minds is considered a contract. Certainly, with everything the WT published about the END coming, the faithful believed it. This is a contract, period.

Now, since the older Bethelites can't insist that the JWs bring Armageddon tomorrow to save them, y'all know what comes next, right?

A lawsuit that says the JWs did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Lisa

I'm lovin' it Class

• LDH
    LDH

RE: Paradise Cafe:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit