UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I couldn't resist...200th post. yippeeee!!!!

Dungbeetle...of the 'upping the ante to 225.00 American for Naeblis' class!!!

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

oops...I mean 200th reply to this thread. (Now 201)

of the 'going as high as 240.00 American for naeblis' class

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I couldn't think of anyone better to be the 200th reply to this thread.

Great job dungbeetle. You deserve it.

This thread ROCKS!!!!!! LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawk

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Hawkaw

thank U , you made an excellent work so far. I owe You a drink when you cometo Europe!
    Great work, really!
    Happy Day

• outnfree
    outnfree

bttt so this is easily available for the lurkers.

Thanks, Mac, MA, DB, Msil, Ranchette, and HAWKAW!!!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• msil
    msil

No credit is due to me - it is due to Hawk and Dung Beetle and Mac. They have worked very hard and used many resources on this.

I am totally a beneficiary of their efforts.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Msil,

How is your devoted Dad taking all of this now? Did you tell him to call Ms. Oca at the DPI?

hawk

• msil
    msil

Hawk,

I told him to call the UN. He said he will take the other route and ask Bethel to clarify it for him. I will let you know.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

From me via dungbeetle via kent via me

The Blank "Required Application Materials" document that the WTS had to fill out direct from United Nations and more importantly the "Criteria for Association" (note - It will be posted shortly in an edit). Kent has them at his site too. Dungbeetle and Kent Thanks a lot.

CRITERIA FOR ASSOCIATION
    WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INFORMATION

a) The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;
    b) The NGO must be of recognized national or international standing;
    c) The NGO should operate solely on a non-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status;
    d) The NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets; organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; or enlisting the attention of the media;
    e) The NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future;
    f) The NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association;
    g) The NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant;
    h) The NGO should have statutes/bylaws providing for a transparent process of taking decisions, elections of officers and members of the Board of Directors.

• truth1
    truth1

Just FYI, I called the Society in New York. Spoke with a young brother in the Public Information department and I asked him about this yesterday. I was forced to do this by my family because they accused me of getting apostate information. I asked them would they listen if I called the Society. My mother said she wanted it to come from them and that even if it is true, she's not doing anything unless told by the Society because she is loyal to the organization. Anyway, when I talked with the young brother, he asked me for the web address and had a computer right in front of him. I walked him through to the DPI/NGO Directory from the very beginning of the UN Website. So, he saw it for himself. He said that he did not know they were listed there but he did admit the WTBTS is an NGO of other entities. He was SHOCKED. He told me I could call him back in the morning. I called him back this morning (10/02/01) he told me they were still researching this matter because they wanted to "look into how the application was filled out and how it was initiated". He said they would never have initiated such a thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit