so what are the "anointed" you know/knew like?

by nowisee 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

The one I knew was legally blind. She had the NWT in a dozen volumes, two large bags, which she arranged on the chairs on either side of her. Most of the meeting was taken up with picking up the right volume of the bible and finding the reference.

• nowisee
    nowisee

thx to all who have replied. it seems they were l) very spiritual and met the criteria of being a "Christian", or 2) demented, or 3)not very nice.

thx jgnat -- i too remember those days when the nwt was in a zillion volumes.

mouthy/grace -- good to see you. i hope i can get to that pa meeting someday. for those "ex" anointed that attend, do they now acknowledge that there is just "one" class? just curious.

maybe those who were "of the anointed" and of the spiritual kind, really just knew their own hearts and had/have that special relationship with the Lord.

love to all, nowisee

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Seriously the only ones I knew are now out. One is/was crazy as a loon, the other is a good friend and very nice.

Sherry

• steve2
    steve2

I'd guess that, since 1935, you would have had to be a bit tough-minded to come out as one of the anointed because of the oftentimes subtle - and not so subtle ways - the rank and file would behave negatively towards you for daring to be so presumptious as to claim to be so "special".

Good on those who had the fortitude and sheer conviction of their beliefs that, even in the face of such unrelenting negativity from other witnesses, maintained their faith with resolute dignity.

Opposition from the "world" might have been frightening, but it was expected; opposition from one's fellow believers could be even more frightening and potentially undermining. That so many determined and relatively independent thinking individuals persisted in claiming to be of the anointed is a testimony to the tenacity and resilience of the human spirit. Ethel, Rita, Beryl and others, RIP. I take my hat off to you all!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Soledad,

footnote: this sister's annointing was the first inkling of doubt I had about the WT. I remember being taught that the annointed were all sealed by 1935. This sister was young. How could she be annointed? Never got an answer to that question. Also, this sister contacted me daily while I was fading. By that time she wasn't in our congregation anymore but she claimed that "Jehovah's spirit" was directing her to call me. I told her to stop or I file a police report for phone harassment. That killed the spirit instantly.

One other annointed person I knew wasn't in our congregation but in another one that met before ours. She was really strange. She only wore white clothing, from head to toe, including gloves. She wore dark sunglasses, even at night. She always had a head scarf or a wide brimmed hat on. Noone ever saw her hair. From what I heard she never looked up scriptures during the meetings and she never used a songbook; she sang from memory.

She would only offer 1 comment during the WT study and it was always near the end and would always be about 10-15 minutes long. One time they even cut the microphone off to make her stop but she just stood up, faced the audience and kept on ranting. Oh and she had a thing for taking photographs of everyone after each and every meeting. She also never rode with anyone to and from the meetings, she had a private car company come pick her up. She would only ride in the car if it had dark tinted windows, otherwise she would send for another car. I'm not certain if she went into field service or not. She must have thought she was some sort of movie star, but then again the members of her congregation treated her like one so it obviously all went to her head.

____

Inquirer -- Goodness me! You are going to give me nightmares! Are you sure you are not making this up! lol I am glad I wasn't there -- maybe I would have been influenced and turned into a numnut too! Where do they drag these people in from? The nutcracker sweet?

I DIDN'T KNOW BEING NORMAL WAS A CRIME!!!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Back in the 70's there was this really old anointed brother in the Londonderry, NH Congregation named Bernie Sinkovich (sp?) He was very quiet, to the point where you almost forgot about him. But every once in a great while he would be called on to give the closing prayer at the Service Meeting. The problem was every prayer that this brother ever gave lasted 15-20 minutes. To a teenager, like myself, that was an eternity. Come to think of it, that is an eternity for anyone to have their head bowed in prayer. When Bernie got started he would thank Jehovah for everything under the sun. They always seemed to call on him for prayer when they were already running late, so it meant more torture. My heart would sink when he would be called on for closing prayer.

exjdub

--

Inquirer -- I could imagine your heart would sink!!! There's always someone in there that gives an infinitely long prayer! Maybe he'll explain why he likes the book of Psalms or Matthew and Acts -- the longest in the Greek Scriptures! :D lol

{say this in an old, serious, husky humble tone} "Now when I was a boy.... we didn't have TV or Internet like the kids of today. We blah, blah blah....

(When this goes on, I'll think of The Simpsons when Homer is in the land of chocolate eating dogs and sign posts, the chocolate coming down from the rain and then some bastard ask me what I think of such and such? And then get in trouble and someone saying "That was 10 minutes ago!"

{with a sign of a relief, rushing tone like you just relieved yourself} AMEN! LOL!

• inquirer
    inquirer

alreadygone,

The first one that I knew was a close family friend. He was very spiritual, but a great guy. Several years after he anounced that he was anointed, he announced that he actually wasn't. There was speculation that he wanted it so badly that he made it up. I remember being told that this was the unforgiveable sin "grieving the holy spirt". I remember thinking, why continue then if you know you aren't going to "get" anything out of it. I voiced that question and was told that maybe Jehovah would forgive him because he knew how much he wanted it and wasn't responsible for his actions. Whatever...

The second one was an A**hole. He was know for going around and asking all the young single brothers if they had a problem with masterbation. I couldn't stand him.

inquirer -- sounds like he was self-conscious! Maybe he did it himself! As if people are going to say "yes." What a wanker! lol lol lol

• mouthy
    mouthy

NowIsee ((((HUG)))) Yes darling they KNOW the real truth of scripture that ANY one who confesses Jesus is LORD & confesses it with their mouth WILL be saved not maybe!!!! WILL<They are helping so many that are out!!!!!! I just love em to bits....Oh you would LOVE the convention it is SO loving - listening to the testimonies are sad & happy--- Juntion Guy gave his .. Super!!!!!! if you want to her some send me your address. ( private e-mail I will send em to you

Guess I better get out quick- cos my beloved Grandkids( on here) that dont accept Jesus get ticked LOL BUT MY GOD REIGNS!!!!!!!lol

Ouch!!!!! quit the rock throwing guys............(hug)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    what were the ones you knew like?

either like born again xians, or like business men.

TS

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I only knew one. Walt Blackman was his name. He must be dead for some 20 years now. Very warm person. His son was a creep though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit