so what are the "anointed" you know/knew like?

by nowisee 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowisee
    nowisee

there were two quite old females in my congregation. sweet. but then they died.

i met several members of gb. no more need be said

i met a couple of quite young bethelites who claimed to be anointed. they seemed to be quite interested in advancing their careers.

what were the ones you knew like?

• upside/down
    upside/down

All...wingnuts...of the highest order.

u/d(of the they give real "schizo's" a bad name class)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

ok, a married couple I knew. They both left and are now stronly opposed to JW's. They were really neat back then and I bet are even more so now!

My moms estranged husband who claims to be for 10 years or so now...well he is a perve that now claims he is a prophet. He has sent letters to all goverment agencies telling them of the doom that is to come upon them.

• nowisee
    nowisee

and oh i almost forgot....

there was another one...a middle-aged female....who when my father had questions about wt new light said she would listen to the organization over the bible.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I've known several of them over the years, since I was 4. Back then they were all former Russellites, so pretty neat people, Godly, and not organization minded, necessarily. One old man I knew from that age, was ancient, black and had very few teeth. All the kids loved him. He was one of the nicest people I've ever known in my life. Dear old Brother At. (his last name was Atkinson, but everyone called him Brother At)

In recent years, some of the ones who claimed to be of that class, were arrogant assholes. (**did I say that?**)

• Dune
    Dune

I was 10 when i met one of the anointed. He was VERY old. So old that the PO told me that even HE might have forgotten how old he was. Anyway, he was really nice.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Well there was the one I mentioned in my thread yesterday. She streaked at one of the conventions...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/99878/1.ashx

And there was another one. He was quite elderly, widowed and originally came from Europe. He had survived a concentration camp and was one of the annointed. Both of these things ensured that he got a lot of attention. After a falling out with his BOE he didn't want to be in their congregation anymore. Rumour had it that he felt he was not respected enough by his local BOE. So he remarried to a sister in my congregation. He was quite the novelty because the cong hadn't had an 'anointed' person in it before. Until he decided he didn't like the sister anymore divorced her and moved back to the original congregation. I remember at the time how scandalous it was that an annointed person got a divorce but people seemed reluctant to say much about it...

Near death.

• nowisee
    nowisee

misspeaches --

just read your post. amazing.

but it just fuels my question. who are these people? what is the mechanism by which they become "anointed"? are they sincere, nuts, delusional, ambitious, ......... or what??

the two i first mentioned seemed to be very spiritual, albeit very old, but what about the others?

• Soledad
    Soledad

Real nutjobs.

One sister, claimed to be annointed, lost her 20 year old daughter. She drowned in 12 inches of water at a public swimming pool. The sister knew that it was the demons that made her daughter drown. They had been attacking her since she became annointed. The ME determined that she had a seizure while in the pool and that's why she drowned. But what is an ME anyway? Just another corpse for the buzzards to feed on when the big A rolls around! Note that I am being sarcastic.

footnote: this sister's annointing was the first inkling of doubt I had about the WT. I remember being taught that the annointed were all sealed by 1935. This sister was young. How could she be annointed? Never got an answer to that question. Also, this sister contacted me daily while I was fading. By that time she wasn't in our congregation anymore but she claimed that "Jehovah's spirit" was directing her to call me. I told her to stop or I file a police report for phone harassment. That killed the spirit instantly.

One other annointed person I knew wasn't in our congregation but in another one that met before ours. She was really strange. She only wore white clothing, from head to toe, including gloves. She wore dark sunglasses, even at night. She always had a head scarf or a wide brimmed hat on. Noone ever saw her hair. From what I heard she never looked up scriptures during the meetings and she never used a songbook; she sang from memory.

She would only offer 1 comment during the WT study and it was always near the end and would always be about 10-15 minutes long. One time they even cut the microphone off to make her stop but she just stood up, faced the audience and kept on ranting. Oh and she had a thing for taking photographs of everyone after each and every meeting. She also never rode with anyone to and from the meetings, she had a private car company come pick her up. She would only ride in the car if it had dark tinted windows, otherwise she would send for another car. I'm not certain if she went into field service or not. She must have thought she was some sort of movie star, but then again the members of her congregation treated her like one so it obviously all went to her head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit