Do we imitate Jehovah---think about it

by TopHat 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Tophat, how does Jehovah feel about you posting on this message board?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome tophat,

Yes I believe he has been around longer than 5000 years, but man didn't put him down in writing until Moses wrote Genius. That would put Jehovah's creation back to 5000 years as a man made God if that is true.

assuming that jehovah exists, of course. there is good reason to think that he doesn't exist however, based on the fact that the amount of evidence in favour of his existence is zero. and considering that there is no evidence for the existence of jehovah, it would be more parsimonious to say that jehovah was invented in some tent or cave. a god in our image. how fitting. TS

• TopHat
    TopHat

Darth! Why do you ask me that question? Didn't Jehovah give me a free will? Or have I not understood your question?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ah but before there was a god there was a goddess according to archeology. She had a much better temperment.

Nothing wrong with having nature as a temple. It beats those lectures at the KH any day.

Sherry

• Satanus
    Satanus

If parents imitated jehoover, they would be inclined to expect worship from their kids, absolute obedience from them on pain of death. This is suggested in one of the 10 commandments. If people in govt imitated jehoover, they would tend to foment war against countries where the majorities of those running the govts worshipped other gods. They would agitate to wipe out worshippers of other gods. Tolerance would not be tolerated.

S

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Oh, surely Jehovah has given you free will to do as you will. However to think that your actions do not affect him would be naive. A loving creator would not want to see one of his loving children fall prey to hungry wolves.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

We'll I haven't imitated Jehovah yet. I mean, I haven't even ordered my first genocide. But I'm sure you can include both Hitler, Stalin, Milosovich, and others as true imitators of Jah.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    He wants our worship but Satan doesn't deserve our worship because he is NOT our creator..Jehovah is our creator.

tophat, this is news to me. please provide your reasons for thinking that:

• satan exists
    • jehovah exists
    • and that jehovah created us.

TS

• TopHat
    TopHat

Darth! My Heavens! Are you a wolf? Do prey tell!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"prey"? as in, how a wolf preys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit