Do we imitate Jehovah---think about it

by TopHat 38 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

Something I have thought about mankind in general recently. We have Love, compassion, creativity, but we also have jealously and revenge in our hearts. Satan wants to imitate God too. After all he wants to be like God. He wants our worship but Satan doesn't deserve our worship because he is NOT our creator..Jehovah is our creator.

I often wonder why Jehovah let Satan goat him into hurting Job.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps a more thoughtful question is: Does Jehovah imitate us (especially some of the worst of us). This may give you insight into his origin.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome to the forum, TopHat.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Do you mean to say: Jehovah is a man made God from people who lived 5000 years ago?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Do you mean to say: Jehovah is a man made God from people who lived 5000 years ago?

Of course not! Jehovah's been around a lot longer than that.

OldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat

Yes I believe he has been around longer than 5000 years, but man didn't put him down in writing until Moses wrote Genius. That would put Jehovah's creation back to 5000 years as a man made God if that is true.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

What I'm saying is: how wise is it to believe that this infinite and wondrous universe originated from a finite tribal deity? Is it more likely that that the Source of all things is but a piece within the whole, an entity within the universe as jehovah is, or that all universes exist within the Source/Whole? No need to post an answer. Better to take walks out into nature, or just sit quietly and dwell on it until the answer is obvious. j

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

But, JamesThomas, that way of thinking might lead someone to let God out of the tidy little box they keep God in. That would never do.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    that way of thinking might lead someone to let God out of the tidy little box they keep God in

So true; and the coffer he is kept in is the false boundaries of our own believed identity. To let God out is to die. Who is it that said: "you must die before you live"?

j

• TopHat
    TopHat

Yes fresh air please! I see what you are thinking. The trees have spoken! The pieces have come together and they are ONE and many. You are gifted with knowledge and one with nature. May the force be with you always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit