Did You Regularly Read The Watchtower & Awake?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I read the awake the most. I would read the feature article until they got to the bibles hope part and then skim the rest..then read anything that was interesting, skipping the scriptural parts. Read watching the world etc. Then skim the watchtower for the personal experiences and questions for the readers. I rarely read the watchtower feature article past the first paragraph and I never read the study articles until it was time to actually study them..I was always getting bugged to read them but I think mom thought I read them more than I actually did.

• minimus
    minimus

We had a CO that would interject little comments from past Awake magazines just to see if we knew what a giant titmouse was or something that the magazine had highlighted that year. I never knew what he was talking about because I hated reading Awake!

• blondie
    blondie

min, I didn't know a CO was allowed to say that word, "titmouse."

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you can crack me up.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I was an avid reader of both, from the age of 11 to the age of 39:

- No doubt the main reason why much of my life has been so <^&^>ed up!

Some are on record as having heard that "reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines gives you the equivalent of a University Degree."

If so, all the reading I did of those two rags ought to have gained me at least half a dozen college degrees. - Instead, about all I got from reading that nonsense was a Diploma in Stupidity!

Jack.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I got to the point that I didn't read them at all just because I could look at the title and tell you what it was going to say. Just like when I never studied for the school meeting but would get all the questions on the written review right.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I only read articles that looked interesting. Many times there were none, so the magazine would not get read.

The only exception was, if there was a special article in the magazine that was being shown at the doors, then I felt I should at least skim over it so I knew what is was about for the householder.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Although I rarely read either I did prefere the Awake to the Watchtower, it was much less religious.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I ate up the "spiritual food" with a voracious appetite...

Only to find myself still hungry after "eating"...

JWD fare is MUCH more satisfying... even with the all the liberal crap....lol.

u/d

• Purza
    Purza
    I really tried to but I couldn't get through it. My mind drifted and I had no idea what I was reading.

I felt the same way. But if I was going to read anything it would be the Awake. I would rather read about the anteater or coffee beans in South America than the "deep" stuff that was in the WT.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit