Did You Regularly Read The Watchtower & Awake?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Elders were supposed to set the lead so that the rank and file would follow suit. I generally read the Watchtower thoroughly but seldom did I read the Awake. Were you faithful readers of those rags?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I only read the watchtower when I studied for the meeting, and never read the awake unless something really caught my eye.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Heck no!

• JH
    JH

Never read it.

I have piles of Watchtowers and Awakes here.

A brother at the hall once asked me if I would like having them in english as well as in French, I said not really, I have them in french, but still he found a way to give me some in english because someone moved out of the congregation who used to have them in english, so then I was stuck with twice the literature.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like you need to have a bonfire JH

• luna2
    luna2

I used to read both cover to cover. Then I stopped reading the Awake and only read and studied the Watchtower. Then I only studied the articles in the Watchtower that I needed to for Sundays. Then I stopped even doing that. LOL Now, of course, I only get the mags if somebody drops by and gives them to me.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Yes, over a ten year period I read every single one. What a waste of precious time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The first few years I read everything. As time went on I realized all the 'positive experiences' were fake. I saw nothing of the sort in the congregation, so I found the magazines depressing, so I stopped reading them entirely.

W

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I know active Dub's who have used the Ragazines as toilet paper. And they call ME the apostate!

GBL

P.S. I would have used them for butt-wad too but the paper is probably too hard and pointy with jagged edges to make for a comfortable wipe. I think the GB uses that material to make sure it isnt used for ass wiping.. but that's just a theory.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Would read them cover to cover. When we left we had door mats for a few years - they worked well in the winter, a stack of them under the wet shoes and boots. The cats enjoyed clawing them up. Worked well camping, a few Towers, some fluid, and everything goes up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit