Did You Regularly Read The Watchtower & Awake?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    P.S. I would have used them for butt-wad too but the paper is probably too hard and pointy with jagged edges to make for a comfortable wipe. I think the GB uses that material to make sure it isnt used for ass wiping.. but that's just a theory.

Besides, who wants to get all that ink smeared all over their trench?

W

• JH
    JH

They should give us "Glad" barbage bags with our Magazines.

• thom
    thom

I really tried to but I couldn't get through it. My mind drifted and I had no idea what I was reading.
    But I would always read the articles I was trying to use to place the mags. I was always afraid a question about the article would come up and I wouldn't know the answer.

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe there's a reason Awake is only published once a month. No one reads it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i read every issue for YEARS, till the mid to late 90s, tried to talk about an article with a couple of elders wives and they looked at me like i was crazy for admitting to reading the mags. i was already in the " what the hell am i knocking myself out for?" mindset. quit reading them then but i do read excerpts on quotes now.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I only read what I found interesting!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Hi Legolas, how are ya?

I only read what I found interesting!

So you didn't read them either, huh?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Hi Chris

LMAO ....Not really!

• vitty
    vitty

I did, I devoured(spelling) them for the first 10 years, then I just couldnt stomach the WT, they were so arogant, and never apolpgized for anything.

No sorry that was the Awake, with letters at the back, you would get someone replying saying that they disagreed with a FACT the Awake had published and the Awake would go into a huge reason why they were RIGHT all along.

it was like reading a mills and boon.............you always knew how the article would end.

Never read them towards the end...................................now if they were Gods word surely I would have loved them.........????????

Edited to add;;;; Did you notice how many ppl wrote into say how they were moved to tears when they read about eg how to grow runner beans!!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Vitty-

That was my favorite magazine - how to grow world class runner beans. My second favorite was "How Not To Catch Diseases From Door Knobs" - I followed the advice, I stopped going to doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit