Did You Regularly Read The Watchtower & Awake?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

For the last ten years I have read the magazines with a different eye, as illustrated in my WT reviews. I used to highlight the ridiculous statements.

The Awakes have been a total snore for a long time, regurgitated Scholastic Magazine.

Blondie

• Dimples
    Dimples

Only read the watchtower to study for the meeting. I skimmed through it for the answers and didn't do that every week. As far as the awake magazine, I only read an article if it looked intersting such as something about health or animals.

DIMPLES

• xjwms
    xjwms

Just enough to make a presentation, .. I enjoyed sounding professional in service,

and a comment on sunday

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Yes I did.

From 1969 until somewhere in the late 1990's I read the WT and Awake from cover to cover. By the time they stopped the mailing of the mags, I was already fading and probably had over a years worth of mags piled up without reading them. Seems like after my wife died in 1996 and I was alone, I had a lot of time to think.

Sure am glad that my thinking abilities were still working. Once I found the internet, it all came together!

HappyDad

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I was just the opposite. I would occasionally read the Awake. The only time I opened a Watchtower was at the Sunday study.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Prior to 1995, yes. After 1995, dump them in the trash almost as fast as they make it to my home.

DY

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yes, I read them cover to cover while I was in, I haven't read either since I left, or any other jw literature. I burned all my books years ago

• free2beme
    free2beme

There was a time when I was Pioneering that I did, I am not lying, I honestly read the magazines from cover to cover for awhile. It helped with door to door presentations.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

No,and I often wondered if the people who took them even bothered to read them.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I "cherry pick" the best articles qnd read those. Very rarely read the study articles these days inthe . Prefer the History and Geography articles in the ASLEEP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit