"What will I do with all my suits?"

by jgnat 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes
    The JW's have it all backwards. While they try and restrain their "materialism", they are acquisitive in other areas (reaching out, paradise). They start from a position of spiritual poverty. The Watchtower compounds the poverty by holding out the carrot of Paradise, creating a grasping, acquisitive, greedy people. That's why they are so miserly holding out forgiveness for others.

Succinctly put (adding to pile of "things I wish I had said") I can think of more jw's to whom this applies than jw's it doesn't. Still I suppose the mindset does tend to mirror the organisation's monetary bent.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Too bad I missed this thread earlier. A great development though!

In regards to the suit question ... burn them. They're probably possessed.

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL. "Burn them". I'd have to buy another jacket then, a straitjacket. For my inconsolable husband.

Did I mention his large collection of ties? All meticulously preserved in their original packaging.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Any word from "Jack"?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would be very surprised if I ever heard from Jack. Besides, he'd approach my husband with the "evidence" first. Or more likely, his trusted elder buddies to build an ever growing pile of hindrance for my husband.

Remember, I have no status. Not a JW and a woman to boot.

• upside/down
    upside/down

First thing is to get the suits "possessed"...then sell them at a garage sale back to more Dubs.

u/d(of the how do you get an item "possessed" class)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dead fish come to mind, upside/down. That would be the fastest way. But I could not bring myself to do that to hubby. He loves them so.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

You could take up fancy restaurants and ballroom dancing.

Kwin

• M.J.
    M.J.

Sorry I missed this thread until now, Jgnat. Just wanted to say congratulations and well done! Keep up the good work as I know you can.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, M.J. Right back atcha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit