Being raised a witness has it's benefits...

by Princess 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Great news Princess. Two thumbs up from me!!!!. If we can extract the good out of bad situations it strengthens us. Your witness training came to good use as you helped 550 young people and the staff. I'm proud of you, very.

Golf

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I guess the theocratic ministry school could have been of some use but I refused to do it...saw no benefit, had no want to do it, and for some reason my mother couldn't make me do it. Guess I'm stubborn like that.

• cheezy
    cheezy
    I have heard this before, and understand the thinking, but I can't get past the idea that I lost a lot more than I ever gained by being raised in the borg.

While I appreciate your positive outlook, Princess, this sums it up for me. Its like being mugged, robbed and beaten and being grateful that they left you bus fare. Swell. After I left WTS and went to college, I took a communication class and learned public speaking. It really isn't rocket science. The biggest drawback of speaking in public speaking is lack of self-confidence. Being raised a JW contributes to that greatly for many of us.

Who knows what you wouldv'e learned or what you would have been like had you been allowed to grow up with a fairly open mind with your natural, healthy curiosity about the world unstunted. I personally will never know.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would personally say that the "Pioneer Walk" is certainly a unique skill among JWs.

I mean being able to make it look like you are moving your legs but taking 15 minutes to get to the next door in a city block.

I'm sure that's how when Michael Jackson was growing up as a JW, he learned from an early age how to do the "Moon Walk" from Pioneers.

Rub a Dub

• LDH
    LDH
    Nothing learned as a JW couldn't have been learned somewhere else without all the crap that went along with it.

You got that right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit