Do Must Dubs Have Pre-Marital Sex?

by tall penguin 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I was a JW for nearly 50 years and I can tell you that the majority of them do have pre-marital sex.

Blondie said:

Some law enforcement officers I worked with said it wasn't a crime unless you got caught.

Some JWs reason that way, it isn't a sin unless you get caught by humans, God doesn't count.

Blondie

I rather guess they figure God is much more forgiving than humans, oh the shame!
  • Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I must have known only straight-laced (boring?) types or something - because I had never heard of it until reading some of the posts on this board.

In my own case, the first time was not until the morning after the wedding (I readily volunteer though, that it was hard holding out for that long!)

Still, after reading the comments of many on this board (about this and a lot of other matters), I would no longer be surprised by anything.

Jack.

• vitty
    vitty

Whenever a young person was publically reproved, and we all figured out why, i felt pyhisically sick, not because of what they had done but that EVERYONE knew what they had done

Can you imagine the abolute shame they must have felt. These kids where either engaged or going serious, so it wasnt that they were being premiscuous (spelling)? but that they where doing what comes natural. Surely theres a kinder way of doing things .

• Dune
    Dune

I'm not saying that it doesnt happen, but i doubt that MOST witness people have sex before marriage.

A few stories here and there doesnt mean everyone is screwing, lol.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The sad part is do they have sex after marriage.

I heard lots of tragic stories when I was asscociated of people chained in loveless relationships

• Es
    Es

I never did i was a good girl, altho we did fool around but never had sex so prob that was enuf to get me into trouble, but my brother and his now wife were having sex before they got married i found out after there Kingdom hall wedding that she had actually fallen pregnant and had an abortion!!!!!!

es

• Dune
    Dune

Does she think she'll be punished for it? Does she even care? lol

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Well, I was a sweet virginal thing while an active dub. I assumed everyone around me was following the rules as well. Damn, when I think of all the hot dubbie-lovin' I coulda been getting...

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Vitty, shame indeed. Think of a young JW man of about 18 and a young JW woman of the same age. Both regular pioneers. Both did something "wrong" but the incidents were completely unrelated. It was announced from the platform: "Brother So-and-So and Sister Such-and-Such have been deleted as pioneers and are under public reproof." Now what do you think everybody thought it was for? They didn't engage in sex but that is what was on everyone's mind because of the stupid way their discipline was announced.

Speaking for myself, still a JW, I started "courting" a very good looking JW girl at age 19. We did everything but intercourse, even pulling a Bill and Monica a couple of times. Our consciences were so damaged, we didn't go to the elders, but we decided to get married. It was a terrible, loveless marriage for 10 years until I finally let her go (she's still a JW and once in a great while we talk, we're friendly and our divorce was very amicable). So I'm pretty sure it occurrs often.

A little off-topic but a silly story readers might enjoy (sorry old-timers, you've heard me tell this one before). I once had a JW friend who got disfellowshipped. His crime? He got a blowjob from some worldly girl. The elders informed him that had he had intercourse with this girl, they might have only reproved him. But because his sexual sin was so perverse in Jehovah's eyes, they felt he had to be expelled.

The mindsets of Jehovah's Witnesses are so warped as to be nearly in-credible.

• rem
    rem

My ex-wife and I had premarital sex. There was so much guilt - mostly on her part, but somehow I convinced her that it was none of the elder's business. It was just between us and god... and I figured he was a pretty forgiving fellow.

The crappy thing is that the guilt lingered way into the marriage - once in a while there would be a talk that encouraged going to the elders to confess sins. It was pretty rough until we both stopped believing in the borg.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit