Say something nice about the JW's

by JH 66 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Christ by direct example told Peter to return his sword to its sheath. He who lives by the sword shall also die by it. So apparently Jesus meant something different in the scripture above.

Um, not so fast. He was stating a truth above, but that doesn't change the fact that he said he came not to bring peace, but a sword. Since he brought a sword, he also died by the sword, having been killed as a political threat to the Roman empire. So, he did not mean something different in Matt. 10:34. His own life, and death, in fact provides backing for it. Just because his war was one of words and philosophy rather than one of brute strength means little. At least this is my take on it. YMMV.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This is what sets them apart from any other religion,

I was once an SDA. We were pacifists - JWs reject that description, and describe themselves as neutral instead, which is different.

As I said I think the world of some JW friends of mine, but I doubt anyone could name more than 2 teachings that are peciuliar to the JW religion. They are all second-hand teachings of adventist, Christadelphian, arian, waldenses and others.

• EliJah
    EliJah
    Um, not so fast. He was stating a truth above, but that doesn't change the fact that he said he came not to bring peace, but a sword. Since he brought a sword, he also died by the sword, having been killed as a political threat to the Roman empire. So, he did not mean something different in Matt. 10:34. His own life, and death, in fact provides backing for it. Just because his war was one of words and philosophy rather than one of brute strength means little. At least this is my take on it. YMMV.

Jesus Christ was not put to death at the hands of the Romans, as they were directed by the pharisees and religious leaders. The word that Christ brought caused many divisions and what you say is true, it eventually caused his death. However, Jesus cannot be called the "Prince of Peace" if he would preach that killing is ok. This is contrary to everything that the bible is scripted to teach. Jesus could not bring peace as a man, even though born of GOD. He was not to bring peace until now in the end times as a Mighty God, born of Jehovah God.

EliJah

• smelly onions
    smelly onions

There the closest thing to the truth you'll ever know.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Shmelly you crack me up!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

They test the doorbell so you know when to replace the batteries.

They save you money cos you dont have to buy them birthday or chrissie pressnts.

Their clothes make charity shop clothes look up to date.

They maintain the market for sensible flattie shoes.

• Soledad
    Soledad

they have a very structured regimented life

I don't know for sure if that's a good thing but I thought I would mention it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit