Heres your chance..........

by defd 81 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

You should have a pet at work, and your stress would go away.

Now, what pet would you like? I forgot where I saw that, but once I saw an animal in the working place and the employees were happier and more relaxed.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

defd,

Exercize is the best natural remedy for stress. It's all to do with endorphins, the bodies natural anti-depressants.

If you are finding it difficult to breath you MAY be having mild panic attacks. It may sound silly, but breathing through a paper bag does help, as it controls the amount of oxygen you intake.

Do not take any type on stimulent, tea / coffee / ciggrettes and alike, as these will increase your symptoms

Stress is something most of us go through at one time in our life.

My recomendation is go see your doctor.

steve

• defd
    defd

What pet would I like? Something soft, small, and very cuddly....... Did I just say that? Man I must really be tripp'n!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derrick:
    Maybe you should try sticking a teddy bear on top of your monitor

I hooked out the following for you from the notes from my Management course:

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness (Chinese proverb)

First, face your fears: What are they trying to tell you? They are probably getting you to blame yourself (I’m useless), or blame someone else for you lack of time or organisation. Use this information constructively to take control: identify your strengths, attributes and talents; plan and organise your revision and exam strategy around these. Robert Holden (1992; Stress Busters published by Thorsons) calls this the STOP technique. Try it.

STOP!

What are your Strengths? - Identify them

What is my stress (fear) trying to Teach me? – Identify the lessons

What Opportunities come with this stress? –Stop focussing on dead-ends

What are the potential Positives? – What could you be doing now to make a positive change?

• TD
    TD
    What pet would I like? Something soft, small, and very cuddly.......

How about tropical fish? They're calming to watch.....

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am trying to imagine a position where there's lots of cushy time with brief moments of panic.

Defd, are you in charge of the dead-man switch for Armageddon? Is there a red phone on your desk?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Or maybe he should get a small portable waterfall. I hear those are calming.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Candles, incense and chanting are good. The cheapest way of gaining this effect is by visiting the local Catholic church, but I'm guessing that's out of bounds, too

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I had a Beta at work - siamese fighting fish. It was great company and very calming. Much better than a plant.

Until he committed suicide. He jumped. I found him after a long weekend under my desk, mummified.

• delilah
    delilah

Def'd, I'm sorry you are "experiencing technical difficulties" at the moment....when i feel extremely stressed to the max, I put on some Celtic music, lite me some fine incense,( an earthy, mossy, patchouli kind) pour myself a nice glass of red wine, and CHILL.....oh, and uh, UNPLUG THE TELEPHONE.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit