Heres your chance..........

by defd 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

There was this fisherman who would go out to sea every day. Some days he brought home a boat full of fish, other days he didn't bring home any. But no matter what, he was always happy because he loved the sea.
    Then he spent a long time not being able to catch a single fish. He began to worry that he'd never catch another fish. He grew more anxious with each passing day. He became angry at the sea. He started to hate the sea. He muttered curses under his breath as he rowed out, curses as he fished, and more curses as he rowed back in.
    Then one day he could take it no more. "Must I die penniless?" he shouted at the sea itself. "Is this my punishment for fishing in your waters?"
    The biggest fish he'd ever seen broke the surface of the water. To his further amazement, it opened its mouth and began to speak.
    "Why are you shouting?" it asked. "You're scaring away all my food."
    "Your food?" he asked.
    "Yes, the fish in this area are tasty, but your shouting has scared them away."
    Now the fisherman understood what had been happening. "I'm shouting because I'm angry. I'm a fisherman and depend on the fish in this sea for my livelihood. But you've been eating them all."
    The big fish was very understanding. "The sea is big enough for both of us. But I'm curious - do you ALWAYS catch the fish when you come here?"
    "Well... no."
    "Did that always make you angry?"
    "Well... no."
    "Then what changed?"
    The fisherman thought about this. "I guess... I changed."
    He heard a splash and looked around, but the big fish was gone. Realizing he wasn't going to catch any fish that day either, he sat back and enjoyed being at sea. When the sun fell, he went home.
    Every day after that, he went out to sea. Some days he caught fish, some days he didn't. Some days he didn't even try, but just enjoyed being at sea.
    And he was never angry at the sea again.

• defd
    defd

If I was that stressed out I'd take a personal day...or can you do that? Yah I can do that. But I do have a cushion job. I just sit here and can really do what I want. Besides 1 day wont help seeing that the worst is yet to come.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm sounds like whatever youre going through either comes in cycles or maybe it's similiar to what my husband is going through - the Bad Boss Blues.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Look for some L-theanine at your health food store or online. Get the suntheanine type. It helps you feel better in 30 minutes and is natural, an amino acid. The last time I felt horrid stress, I looked for solutions on line and found an article about it. I went and bought it and tried it and it's wonderful.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It does sound like an anxiety attack. "The worst is yet to come"? That sounds like standing at the top of a terrifying waterslide. "Shall I take the leap or not?"

By the way, I took one look and said "No way". My hubby said he would but I waited for him to arrive at the bottom like forever. Finally he came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. He'd taken a less difficult slide. His explanation? "It looks like a vertical drop from up there." Ever since, he tries to get all and sundry to go down that darn bullet train. Nobody thinks to ask if he had the guts to go himself.

It's the red one on the right.

• kls
    kls
    Besides 1 day wont help seeing that the worst is yet to come.

The worst may yet be coming but take control so it doesn't control you ,and each day will get better . It is never a easy and never will be easy ,but you make the best of a bad situation and work with it and learn and move on.

• Bryan
    Bryan

defd,

The natural reaction to stress is fight or flight. If this is something you have some control over, perhaps you could take a short break, re-focus, then tackle the stressor.

If the stressor is beyond your control, as are many, many, issues in our lives, then I would step away from it and realize some things are not your fight. Remember, you can yell and scream all you want while stuck in traffic, but you won't make it flow any faster. Though you may succeed at giving yourself a heart attack!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• kls
    kls

May i suggest KavaKava, it is found at just about any store and is a natural suppliment and helps calm your nerves.

Just keep in mind that to much can have effects on the liver so use wisely.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Got 2 words for you brother: HOT TUB !!!

• defd
    defd

The natural reaction to stress is fight or flight. If this is something you have some control over, perhaps you could take a short break, re-focus, then tackle the stressor.

Isnt that the truth!( fight or flight) This is something that is NOT within my control.It is happening and I wish that it wouldnt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit