Heres your chance..........

by defd 81 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hard time breathing?

Do you have asthma?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is the stress generated externally, or are you creating your own stress? I have survived extremely stressful situations, so I have some experience in this. Where are you sitting on the stress scale?

http://www.teachhealth.com/#stressscale

I've been beat when pregnant, left an abusive husband, committed my own mother, committed my son, and been laid off when I was a single parent. Then there's the grinding stress of a demanding job. I've had that too. I think the closest I came to a breakdown was when I couldn't convince professionals that my son had a serious mental disorder and I needed help. I see lots of great advice above. It makes me think that a lot of my fellow posters have survived extremely stressful situations too.

I find that even in extremely stressful situations, you don't have to play the victim. You always have choices to make. Avoiding those choices only prolongs the stress. If you are having trouble making up your mind, make a Pro and Con list (patent pending) to help you work through the confusion.

For ongoing, grinding stress, make some lifestyle changes. Probably the uppermost is going for a walk after work. It sounds stupid, I know, but it works.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I heard larger doses of vitamin b-12 are really good for stress also. I myself just go to the doc and get on anti depressants. But thats not for short term stress, if thats what you have.

• defd
    defd

Hard time breathing?

Do you have asthma? No, it is the kind of stress that makes it hard for you to breathe. You know, finding yourself taking deep breathes throughout the day.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

defd sorry you too are going through a stressful time, ahhh yes these are stressful days in which we live. You've gotten a lot of great advise from wonderful caring people I haven't anything to add except what I do I get on my bike and ride and ride and ride. I've been riding a lot lately and feeling better.

Have a great ride, keep the rubberside down.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I was that stressed out I'd take a personal day...or can you do that?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Do something to distract yourself... such as you just did by exercising. I play video games to relieve my stress sometimes.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hard time breathing = Panic attack?

I pretty much agreee with everything above.

ID the source of your stress. Analyze it with an open mind. You might find something you never though of before!

When in the middle, I used to keep a screeming pillow at work, take it into the bathroom or unoccupied office and screem into it as loud and hard as I could. It helped emensely.

Long potty break.

Chocolate. Seriously! Chocolate.

Have you been to your doctor lately for bloodwork and physical? There could be some physiological problem going on.

Vit B complex Make sure there is at least 100 % of Vit b6 and 100% b12 or buy it and add it separately. Add vit C, as stress reduces your body's immune system.

Just know, that whatever is causing it, you will be ok.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Not sure if anyone said this but I have always believed in attacking whatever is causing me stress. The old a good offense is the best defense. If this is the kind of problem that allows for that sort of mentality it usually works for me, I just attack whatever it is causing me stress and eliminate it, a report hanging over me, I just dive in and finish it, etc. Just my two cents.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

cognitive dissodence. There. Someone had to say it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit