Heres your chance..........

by defd 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

defd,

Just checking to see how you're handling your stress. Are things a bit better now?

Take care,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• defd
    defd

Bryan

Each day is different. Last night this morning right now

Thanks for asking

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Each day is different. Last night ;this morning ;right now

Defd - seems like you are hitting on something there - what is it you have done [or eliminated] in the past few hours. This might give you insight as to the course of action you need to reduce this stress.

I urge you to find the cause and eliminate it - stress kills.

Sincerely - Jeff

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

It is the unusual person that never encounters stress at various levels.

I have been told that stress is the result of how we "react" to an unwanted or disturbing change or situation in our lives.

In one of your posts, it seems you see this coming and do not know what to do.

It is always best to determine if this is an UNCHANGEABLE UNSTOPABLE change.

If it is, take action NOW to deal with this in the way most acceptable to you.

To wait and wish until the unwanted is forced upon you, never works in your favor.

If it is a change not this devastating, look at how you are reacting.

Could this change be to your benifit? Look at it from many directions.

Last but NOT LEAST seek help from a "certified" counselor.

Some times acceptance of change is the only way to avoid stress.

Outoftheorg

• defd
    defd

outoftheorg.

Good advice, i have been doing that.

• Jez
    Jez

I didn't write this, but I have it posted in my office and read it about 2x a week:

Attitude

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.

It is more imporant than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our Attitudes.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Defd, humans do not like change, any change, but even more so if it disturbs our routine our way of doing things our thoughts or beliefs.

Why is this so? Because we are lazy and change makes us work harder and longer to adapt to the change.

But change we must. The whole world has always been in a constant changing from year to year.

Unless the change is life threatening, it almost always brings us something new and useful.

I went through a time in my life when suicide was tempting.

My life was destroyed, marriage broken, business bankrupt, loss of acceptance by siblings and some children.

This took place in 1991. Starting in about 1994 I have had the best years of my life. I am contented with myself, God, my neighbors and friends and my life in general is happy and calm.

Looking back, the worst of all things turned out to be the best of times.

What ever you are facing, you can live through it, life goes on, happiness is there for the taking, good things and bad things may happen, but life is always difficult in some ways.

Examine and reexamine all the good things and those to come DAILY, until this also passes.

Then this like all things, will be in the past and looked at from time to time and nothing more.

Outoftheorg

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

How true that is JEZ attitude is always all important.

The rankist drug user will never survive or fit in socially by quiting drugs, until they adjust their attitude.

Outoftheorg

• defd
    defd

When the change involves your heart, It can become VERY difficult. There is no greater pain one can experience than from the pain that comes from the heart!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yes Defd heart break is truly devastating. The pain is there 24 hrs a day and never ceases.

Part of this is because when the heart is involved our pragmatic part of the brain seems to shut down.

It affects our level of self respect and we can lose our identity.

There in lies another problem, our thought patterns become unstable and questionable as our feelings take command. We begin to make decisions and function on feelings rather than logic.

This is when most of us would need to consult someone NOT INVOLVED in any way and find help from a counselor. This person needs to be trained and certified or they are mostly useless.

Friends and family make awful counselors.

From the distance seperating us I am of little more use to you.

But rest assured that I certainly DO FEEL YOUR PAIN as tears fill my eyes and memories of my past resurface.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit