Husbands! Smack your wife across the mouth!

by PopeOfEruke 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• anewme
    anewme

What are you people talking about????
    That is just one idiot JW woman's comment!
    But you are taking her misguided and unchristian counsel and slandering the rest of the group like they all propose such mistreatment of wives???

Shame on you for this kind of malicious gossip!

To criticize a group for its published doctrines you dont agree with is one thing.
    To point to individuals errors and claim the whole group does the same is pure lies.

Admit it. Many of you have been hurt by individuals, mere humans who have not lived up to the high moral and spiritual standards that Jesus taught.

We dont criticize the son of God just because his followers fail to live up to his teachings.

We have to separate the religion of the JWs from the individual JWs in it.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Scary! I always used to think marrying a brother in 'good standing' was a privilege. Then I found out how motionless they are in the ocean. (a friend of mine did it with a brother awhile back) I don't know which is worse: a wife beater or being bad in bed

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

anewme

What are you people talking about????

That is just one idiot JW woman's comment!

But you are taking her misguided and unchristian counsel and slandering the rest of the group like they all propose such mistreatment of wives???

I agree with you in one way - this is just one person talking

However, as an ex-wife of an elder who used to have a lot of the sisters come to talk to me about their marital problem I know that spousal abuse is a real problem in the org. And ever time they went to the elders to get some support they were told they could not leave and had to stay and take it. Their position was to be in subjection to their husbands and even if the abusive husband was not a witness they were required to stay, take the abuse and hopefully win him over.

I would get so angry after taling to the wives. They had to be in subjection, protect their children and were given no support to protect themselves except "Do more"

My elder husband beat and kicked his kids. He emotionally and sexually abused me. And the elders supported him all the way.

And very sadly there are a lot of other women here who have very similar stories.

Abuse is part of the control. I do know that others body of elders in other congregation were different but this kind of thinking was very common in ours.

• Gill
    Gill

My mother has put up with my father's violent temper for 45 years now. She used to complain bitterly about him. Since I became 'apostate' in her eyes (we still talk though) she claims (lyingly) that he never mistreated or mistreats him. 'That sort of thing doesn't happen in Jehovah's organization.

Hence, she has the double whammy of 1) Being a brainwashed JW fool believing all the JW crap.

2) Actually believing she has to lie to defend her abuser so as not to betray God/ The bOrg/ JWs reputation in general.

I know MANY JW women mistreated by their husbands. However, I know many JW husbands mistreated by their wives. Then I know many JWs mistreated by the Organization.

JW land is a BAD place to be.

In balance, I can think of several marriages where all 'appears' sweet. At least on the surface.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Something also sick is .. Husband beats you?? you can leave him, however, you can't meet or marry another man and be happy unless you know your ex has slept with someone else. With my ex.. uumm.. he wasn't reachable to ask him if he has had sex since me. And ..really.. he is so nice that he is willing to offer up that info to let me live a happy life.. since he was so keen on making me happy when he was married to me,, right?.So.. what..? God wants me to live out my live as a single mom all alone?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Shame on you for this kind of malicious gossip!

I dont think this is gossip. But then again it could be. I think it's a valid topic to talk about. See nothing wrong about it. Perhaps you disagree because the topic is related to someone who is a jw?

• trevor
    trevor

“Husband’s! Smack your wife across the mouth!”

That is not as easy as it sounds.

First you have to wait for the mouth to close!

• kls
    kls
    Husband’s! Smack your wife across the mouth!”

That is not as easy as it sounds.

First you have to wait for the mouth to close!

OOOO ,are you gonna get it

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd rather give some of the elders a good backhand across the mouth. Most of the time they're the ones who don't know when to shut it.

W

• thom
    thom

Abuse of any kind really makes me sick. I hated seeing all the kids that would get beat in the back of the hall or at the conventions. Just the mental attitude of many husbands really bothered me too. Even in casual conversation it was easy to realize how many of these men thought of their wives as possesions, not as partners.
    I have a JW friend who jokes regularly using the phrase "bitch slap". Just hearing that pisses me off, it shows to me a view of women that I can't in the least bit understand.
    I think in this country anyway (U.S.) so many still have this view of a man/woman relationship, both inside and outside the org. It's one thing that's really bothered me most of my life.
    To hear a woman promoting it is sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit