Husbands! Smack your wife across the mouth!

by PopeOfEruke 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

This might be interesting to the group.

We had a case where a husband and wife separated. She cited an incident where she jumped out from behind a door to scare him for fun, his reflexes were such that his arm shot out and hit her. She said it was intentional. Other non-physical incidents were brought as to issues of incompatibility and in her mind abusive.

We counseled them directing 90% of it toward him. How a loving husband should be etc etc.

Since she was moving to another congregation we were asked to comment on the matter to the new congregation. After looking into the matter we couldn't see anything in the literature that would allow for a scriptural separation. In fact we found just the opposite.

After she arrived to her new congregation she wrote the society who wrote us and basically scolded us. I was pissed and wrote the society back and said "then you need to put it in writing, because what authority do we have to go beyond what is written in the publications"?! I don't recall getting a reply back from them.

• luna2
    luna2

That is interesting, confusedjw. I've also heard of people getting contradictory counsel from the WTS. It seems to depend on who is answering letters or the phone that day. I think you're right, you need to let your underlings know what the rules are. Of course, that's typical for the Society. It's like they are afraid to say anything too black and white in case they're held accountable. This way they can blame individual CO's or elders if something goes wrong or looks bad.

For a bunch of guys who are supposed to be directed by Holy Spirit (or inspired by Jehovah or whatever), they don't seem to know what they are doing at all. Doesn't inspire much confidence in the god they represent or in their claim to be Jah's ONLY channel of light and truth on earth today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit