Husbands! Smack your wife across the mouth!

by PopeOfEruke 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Great advice received from a close JW relative who we visited last week.

She said that husbands are the head of the family, and if the wife doesn't support him in serving Jehovah then he should give her a good smack across the mouth, thats what she deserves. If only Adam had given Eve a good smack across the mouth when she proposed eating the fruit, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now!

My wife (who of course is blamed for me leaving the truth but in fact had nothing to do with it) was very impressed with this statement....If only I had beaten her in the face earlier I would still be in line for everlasting life!!! Wished I had known that earlier!!

This is truly a very sorry and sad religion......

Pope

• luna2
    luna2

Unbelievable. Wonder how that relative would feel if she got "smacked across the mouth" regularly for disagreeing with her "head". What a loving religion she practices.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Unbelievable. ; Wonder how that relative would feel if she got "smacked across the mouth" regularly for disagreeing with her "head". ; What a loving religion she practices.

Maybe she does and this is how she justifies it.

Kwin

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

That's just so sad, that such ignorance is still perpetuated in our day, and that some people actually believe in that rubbish. :(

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yeah it is sad. When I was getting smacked around, even when I was pregnant, I was told to stay with my ex! But now if he tried to come between me and the religion, I could leave? Sick in my book.

• luna2
    luna2
    Maybe she does and this is how she justifies it.

Good lord, that could be, kwin. That didn't even occur to me. How sad would that be?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well they encourage people to beat their children for any infraction of the rules. It doesn't seem a long stretch to believe that they support spousal abuse also.

This is one very dangerous religion.

Wonder how long before they pass the koolaid

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    This is one very dangerous religion.

Wonder how long before they pass the koolaid

I've wondered this myself Lee. Absolutely sickening when I think I grew up in that ridiculous mess. It's even sadder to me that my very intelligent and university degreed parents still believe. *shaking head* I doubt the kool-aid would ever be introduced. Asking the members to kill themselves wouldn't leave the GB anybody to financially support them.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I believe you!

Not long ago there is this elder that told my husband, right in front of me!, that he should exercise his headship and force me to do the spiritual things I was supposed to do (go to meetings and service regularly) and that I would thank him later for having saved my life. What a crock of bs!

With a smirk on my face I told this elder very nicely that as long as we recide in the land of the free force doesn't work in my home. You all should've seen the look that elder shot back at me. It was priceless.

As much as I love my hubby, if he tried forcing me to do this boring/pointless stuff I'd leave his butt so fast it'd make his head spin!

DY

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Asking the members to kill themselves wouldn't leave the GB anybody to financially support them

so true

I'm just glad I got out with my kids

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit