THE MOTIVES OF GOOD JWS WHO POST ON THIS SITE

by steve2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

scholar,

Thank you very much for this clarification. I think I understand better where you stand now.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The more the merrier I say - JWs should post here often - makes for a far more lively site I think. It'd be ever so boring if it was all one way traffic.

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

Scholar

What a pity all your credentials as a faithful Witness are negated by your disobedience in posting on this site. How do you think Jehovah feels about someone who is repeatedly told to keep away from apostates and apostate material and yet repeatedly associates with the same???

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

[edited at request of OldSoul]

• steve2
    steve2
    The more the merrier I say - JWs should post here often - makes for a far more lively site I think. It'd be ever so boring if it was all one way traffic.

You bet. The interesting thing, though, is that the Watchtower Society endlessly warns JWs against trawling through anti-JW sites. Hence, any JW who identifies themselves as a JW is automatically saying they take a "pick and choose" attitude to the Watchtower's messages. That's fine, from a worldy perspective, I suppose. But from the viewpoint of the governing body of the Watchtower Society that is dead wrong.

Scholar and others who profess to be present solely to defend the Watchtower Society must do so in a furtive spirit, keeping their true identity from us ex-JWs but also from their fellow believers. Scholar may be prone to perseveration, but he is not stupid.

A man who disobeys the Watchtower's instructions against accessing this and other sites, and at the same time sees the need to defend the Watchtower Society, surely knows better than most what a crumbling foundation upon which the Watchtower sits - scholar himself disobeys the very organisation he feels compelled to defend!

• Erich
    Erich

Nobody has the right to forbid to visit this sites or to post any comment. I say: NOBODY. If I, as a JW, decide to do so, then it is my OWN business, and it is within my OWN responsibility and consciences. Besides, think at Ac. 5:29.

E.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm going to post this in bold - to rival Steve from NZ's style.

We need to remember that this db is open to all, no matter what their personal beliefs or opinions. Motives are irrelevant to posting.

If now, you as an ex-dub are able to give help to another suffering ex-dub, that's a great thing.

As well, if you're able to discuss calmly and rationally with a dub his or her beliefs that can only be a rewarding thing too.

To repeat, so long as posters comply with the Posting Guidelines, they are most welcome here.

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

Erich

*** Watchtower 1986 March 15 pp.10-15 'Do Not Be Quickly Shaken From Your Reason' ***

10 When a fellow human tells us, 'Do not read this' or, 'Do not listen to that,' we may be tempted to ignore his advice. But remember, in this case Jehovah is the One who tells us in his Word what to do. And what does he say about apostates? "Avoid them " (Romans 16:17, 18); "quit mixing in company with" them (1 Corinthians 5:11); and "never receive [them] into your homes or say a greeting to [them]" (2 John 9, 10). These are emphatic words, clear directions. If, out of curiosity, we were to read the literature of a known apostate, would that not be the same as inviting this enemy of true worship right into our home to sit down with us and relate his apostate ideas?

In Watchtower speak...."Can you really be serving Jehovah wholesouled while associating with apostates?" Evidently not.

So, it is true that while nobody on here has the right to tell you not to visit or post, are you not doing what Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden did....sticking two fingers up at Jehovah and telling him YOU can decide whats best for you....

• steve2
    steve2

To restate, I think it is perfectly okay for anyone to post here.

Even so, if someone posts here as a JW, they are automatically revealing that they do not follow to the letter the edicts of the Watchtower Society which forbids accessing ex-JW sites. Again, that's fine; on their conscience be it. But, in their sometimes blatant attempts to denounce ex_JWs, they can profit from being reminded of their own pick and choose hypocrisy.

P.S. I am not referring to posts from JWs who appear genuinely inquiring about matters discussed on this forum. I agree this may be the start of their really being able to investigate their doubts. That's different from posting here in a holier-than-thou manner.

• steve2
    steve2
    Nobody has the right to forbid to visit this sites or to post any comment. I say: NOBODY. If I, as a JW, decide to do so, then it is my OWN business, and it is within my OWN responsibility and consciences. Besides, think at Ac. 5:29.

E.

A fair enough comment and, yes, I can see where your coming from. But try using the very same line with a JW judicial committee. "Nobody has the right to forbid to visit an ex-JW site...NOBODY..." See how far it gets you!

You'll be able to see that none of my comments have suggested JWs be forbidden. To the contrary, I invite them to reconciliate the inherent double-standard they are applying: Denouncing ex-JWs for cricitising the watchtower, but themselves not prepared to follow the Watchtower in all matters. That's it in a nutshell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit