THE MOTIVES OF GOOD JWS WHO POST ON THIS SITE

by steve2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Hi mouthy - how is it that from a few posts you can tell that I am a "baby Christian"??

I do say how it is and I think thats why a few on here have taken to me so aggressively.

There is one goal in my life and one alone - and that is to be a true follower of Jesus and a servant of the one true God Jehovah - made up of the Father - the Son and the Holly Spirit. I know that the most important thing is to LOVE - the whole law hangs on that.

I see a lot of hypocrisy on here - on one side people are saying how bad the JW's are and I do not totally disagree - but to do the same your self is not justifiable....I see many critical of dubs not obeying verses like Heb 10:24-25 but then they themselves do not either....I think people need to get there life in order and learn what it is to be a Christian before pointing the finger and accusing another of being a "baby Christian" after a couple of posts. I left the milk long ago mouthy - maybe its the meat that YOU detest?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Isn't it weird how we see Jehovah Witnesses that are active, as some sort of enemy, until they turn from the religion and then they are all "COOL!" It reminds me of how I felt about worldly people, before and after they got baptized ... only reversed. Although, I love several active Witnesses, as they are family and life is not black and white anymore.

• steve2
    steve2
    I see a lot of hypocrisy on here - on one side people are saying how bad the JW's are and I do not totally disagree - but to do the same your self is not justifiable....I see many critical of dubs not obeying verses like Heb 10:24-25 but then they themselves do not either....I think people need to get there life in order and learn what it is to be a Christian before pointing the finger and accusing another of being a "baby Christian" after a couple of posts.

Let's do a count here, shall we, Born Again? I've read only two of your posts in which you confidently make assertions about the motives and qualities of people who post on this site. Your comments sound judgemental and disapproving - two qualities that perhaps put a cloud over your claim to be doing a tertiary level course in counselling.

I would have thought that, at the very least, you'd have some understanding and empathy - even if not approval - of the kinds of experiences people have gone through leading up to and following their exodus from the Watchtower. As a budding counsellor, you surely have been trained to see the pain behind people's exterior anger. Why would people just post negative stuff on here for the hell of it? Can't you see the pain and distress some posters have been through and continue to experience? How does your judgmentalism help them? Doesn't your interest in training as a Christian counsellor move you to step back from knee-jerk judgmentalism and see a possibly wider picture?

I am suprised that you can surface so quickly and make such grand sweeping generalisations about people who post on this site. I would have more respect if you were a bit more cautious and tried to better understand the pain that underlies people's experience in leaving the JWs.

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Your anger has clouded your judgement and perception.....I am not judging people but making observation of the people who have attacked me and my free thinking mind.

put a cloud over your claim to be doing a tertiary level course in counselling.

Soooo would you like a phone number to confirm??? Wow I have not encountered so much suspicion since leaving the Dubs - I think you are more like them than you know....just at the opposite corner. My point is that anger unresolved is a very bad thing - anger should not go on for years and fed to escalate. I shant be posting or reading in here any more - you are tooooooo angry and aggressive and many of you need help...not a forum where you can nurture your unresolved anger and issues. Wow - I think Id rather be back in the Dubs!!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

bg, how free is your thinking? How open to new religious paradigms are you? I bet not very.

carmel

• mouthy
    mouthy

the one true God Jehovah

Did you ever check out that Name born again ??it was started in the 13th Century by a Catholic Priest. If Jesus said we should call God Father why would I listen to any one else or the "I AM" is one of HIS names ... I truly am not being hostile ! find you are trying to say we have no love on here. Let me express this honestly . I was in the WT for 25 years. I have been on here a few years ---I have seen more LOVE!!!!!! On this site than the 25 years I was in the LIE!!!! truly.... & half of them dont know me to see. If I was expected to believe Jesus came invisably in 1914- & the Brothers? that told me I MUST believe that- then learned they were kicking me out because I couldnt believe it.( I could have lied & said I did & kept my kids) I certainly do believe my INVISABLE friends on here ---who HAS shown me true love --- some traverling all the way from England- .U.S.A.- Australia to see me because they felt my pain on losing my kids, friends, UNCONDITIONALLY loved me if even if they dont believe as I do.... THAT IS WHAT JESUS SAID !!!!!!! LOVE! is the greatest of it all..... LOVE thy enemies - is a teaching the WT does NOT teach..... They teach hatred...... Meat you say???? I enjoy the BREAD of life JESUS a personal relationship-------- PEACE Born again.....

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

you may want to study Jewish/Hebrew history mouthy.

yeh-ho-vaw'

From Strongs dictionary- (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord.

When capital LORD God is written in Gen etc it was the above name. God revealed this through Moses - and not before.

Here is a name given to the Creator which we have not yet met with(Prior to Gen 3), and that is Jehovah - the LORD, in capital letters, which are constantly used in our English translation to intimate that in the original it is Jehovah. All along, in the first chapter, he was called Elohim - a God of power; but now Jehovah Elohim - a God of power and perfection, a finishing God. As we find him known by his name Jehovah when he appeared to perform what he had promised (exo 6:3)

, so now we have him known by that name, when he had perfected what he had begun. Jehovah is that great and incommunicable name of God which denotes his having his being of himself, and his giving being to all things; fitly therefore is he called by that name now that heaven and earth are finished. (Matt Henry's comentary.)

Hebrew bible scholars agree.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I see a lot of hypocrisy on here - on one side people are saying how bad the JW's are and I do not totally disagree - but to do the same your self is not justifiable....I see many critical of dubs not obeying verses like Heb 10:24-25 but then they themselves do not either...

Aren`t you being the same selfrigtheous way that you are accusing others of, now? Noone here are being hateful against individual JWs, except "Scholar", and to some extent DefD, as they come on defending the actions and theology of the GB, and some of the inhumane practices you see in the congregations! Have you even read thru Scholars posts? Unless you have, you should try not being so selfrighteous!

you may want to study Jewish/Hebrew history mouthy. yeh-ho-vaw'

From Strongs dictionary- (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord.

When capital LORD God is written in Gen etc it was the above name. God revealed this through Moses - and not before.

You may want to dig deeper into this, especially if you are a born-again christian. The name of God is not yeh-ho-vaw, Jehovah, Jahve, Yahowah or Yahwe! The old Testaments God is named YHWH, and nothing else! The pronounciation of this name is somewhat unclear. The jews were supersticious and in fear of "taking Gods name in vain", so the exact pronounciation of the name was forgotten. Eventually, the name was being used again, this time with the pronounciation Ya-ho-wah, a name that was the result of putting the vowls from the word for Lord, "Adonai" into the name of God, YHWH! - Which resulted in the name "yAhOwAh".

And if you see yourself as a born-again christian, you should realise that the absence of Gods name in the NT, may have theological consequences, particularly taken Jesus "I am"-statements in John taken into consideration. People here are divided on the Trinity-doctrine, personally I am undecided. But the Trinitarians definitely make a good point! And if you are a born-again christians, I assume you should ...at least tolerate the trinity-belief. Also: What`s wrong with anger, especially if it`s expressed verbally? Not that I`m comparing myself with Jesus in any way, but let me ask you this: WHO went amok in the Temple, when it was used as just a place of business? Who yelled and screamed and tipped over the tables, when they were filled with money? The WTS has claimed to be the new Temple. And they are using it to make big money. It`s time to go amok!

• steve2
    steve2
    Wow - I think Id rather be back in the Dubs!!!

You're welcome to them, Born Again. They may be reluctant to take you back and maybe even have angry feelings towards you.

You seem unusually scared of people's quite normal and human anger on this site. Better that people verbally express their pain - and other emotions such as hurt and pain and, in the process learn to come to terms with their trauma. As someone who is training as a Christian counsellor, you surprise me with your heavy-handed judgementalism. You deliver your judgement then swiftly take your leave. Hmmmm. Where have we seen that before? Oh, yes, the kingdom hall.

Yes, Born Again, you first had the audacity to walk away from the JWs and adopted another variant of Christianity and then you turn against other ex-JWs. Why? Because in your opinion they are way too angry. Look closer, my fellow ex-JW, and see the other qualities in these people who are possibly for the first time in years, if not decades, expressing their pain. And, yes, part of their experience is anger, although a careful reading of people's posts on this site will reveal that there are a lot of people who are decidely not angry. Don't paint everyone here with the same colour.

You should know that traumatised people often express anger and yes again, I wholeheartedly agree with you: All of us - including many very angry JWs - would do well to balance the expression of anger with other emotions. The most healing emotions you could display towards angry and hurt people are empathy, love and hope. No cheap shots in the form of personal attacks...Has Christianity not taught you anything?

• scholar
    scholar

Narkissos

I am an active Jehovah's Witness and was baptized in 1964 after first learning the Truth in 1958. I have after some twenty years in full-time service completed University Sudies majoring in Studies in Religion and Philosophy. I have had a liflong interest in biblical studies, chronology and theology and I post on this board solely to defend the Truth and the chronology of celebrated WT scholars.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit