THE MOTIVES OF GOOD JWS WHO POST ON THIS SITE

by steve2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

They come on here because they have questions in their mind might be in the subconcious or in the forefront but people don't start looking on the internet until they have questions of some kind...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

IMO the JW's that post on this site are not good because if they were good according to the rules and regulations of the WBTS they wouldn't even be on line or reading posts on this site let alone actually posting and conversing with the likes of the people here.

• steve2
    steve2
    IMO the JW's that post on this site are not good because if they were good according to the rules and regulations of the WBTS they wouldn't even be on line or reading posts on this site let alone actually posting and conversing with the likes of the people here.

A compelling view which I share. I would just add that the most striking feature of "good" JWs who do post here is their self-delusion. At least the typically loyal JW would not be found dead on this site, whether or not others knew, and at least those who have left are clear about their exodus. But the others? Well intentioned, possibly, but self-deluded definitely.

• sf
    sf
    because if they were good according to the rules and regulations of the WBTS they wouldn't even be on line or reading posts on this site let alone actually posting and conversing with the likes of the people here.

Right. And as my post in this thread states...these very rules and regulations are (supposedly) coming directly from jehovah himself.

So why are they directly disobeying and/ or dissing his commands?

The ONLY answer I can come up with is that they don't deeply trust that indeed, according to the WTOrg litter-ature, jehovah is giving these instructions.

If they truly believed it, they would believe too that to disobey jehovah, through his mouthpiece here on earth, aka. WTBTS(FDS) will surely bring them death!

sKally

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I left once for a while and I am about to leave again and who knows maybe for good this time.

Dont worry Honesty, like he just said he's addicted. Though I find it funny that he keeps saying he's leaving, then leaves, and then low and behold like a flash he's back.

Lord knows there are plenty of pro-jw sites on the net but I hear they are harder to get in to and once you're there you have to be very careful what you say - like being in a virtual kingdom hall. I think Derrick wouldnt fit in at one of those sites, but that is just my opinion.

Josie

• heretic
    heretic

noone is a 'good' witness, theres always that sisters cleavage glimps or whack in the shower you had (just after the 'part' about masturbation--banging head against wall) that convinces us we are lower than the dust, and we're supposed to feel that way cos then were prepared to do anything to regain status with the Jman and maybe (fingers crossed) get into the new world, i just came to the realisation that im no saint and never will be. 'Oops, better tell the elders. Oops, see ya later'.

When I first arrived i liked the top left corner of the page '...everyone welcome!' so welcome, 'come one come all !!'

• JH
    JH

A challenge

• steve2
    steve2
    A challenge

Absolutely. I'd say that no one can be a "good" JW and post on this site because at some level the JW, based on their own beliefs is disobeying "Jehovah's" earthly channel.

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Hi all - Im new here and started posting yesterday....but i must say I am taken aback a bit by the tone of so many on this site - its frightful

I heard a comment above about a pro-JW site that you have to watch what you say or your under suspicion....well news flash - so is this site. I am a free thinker (thats why I finally left the JW's) and I came on here reading and ended up last night (my time) questioning the practice of pickets and rallies - but I got shot down and accused of still being a JW....I mean - what the??? Talk about hypocritical.

Im only 2 years out of JW's and still sometimes struggle with it - like have I done the right thing yada yada. I now belong to a good Christian Charismatic Church - but I do know for sure that if I was a current JW visiting or posting here, I would be convinced without a doubt that I had the truth and many people on here have lost the plot and have unresolved "anger issues".

I am currently studying my BA in Christian Counselling here in Australia - but it certainly doesn't take a scholar to recognise that there are many here that should seek help and some counselling.

• mouthy
    mouthy

but I got shot down and accused of still being a JW....I mean - what the??? Talk about hypocritical.

No Born again I didnt shoot you down!!!! I just expressed what I feel in my heart. Your a baby Christian ( in my humble opinion) so tell it like it is. There is not alot of anger here. Just whena JW comes on & tries to Okay the wicked way of the Organization, like breaking up families, letting kids die from lack of blood, like allowing sexual abusers covers over their sex crimes, like allowing elders kids to get away with thing that rank & file are DF for.... So tell it as it is love.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit