THE MOTIVES OF GOOD JWS WHO POST ON THIS SITE

by steve2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Steve2,

I think that was well stated. I also see where it might be off-putting to a lot of lurkers who may otherwise step out of the shadows. I regret my role-playing as Scholar, above. I can see where it might be damaging to others being able to feel comfortable.

Ozzie, if you don't mind taking down my cheeky post where I claim to answer for scholar, I'd appreciate it. I've thought better of it and would like it removed.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scholar said i am an active Jehovah's Witness and was baptized in 1964 after first learning the Truth in 1958. I have after some twenty years in full-time service completed University Sudies majoring in Studies in Religion and Philosophy. I have had a lifelong interest in biblical studies, chronology and theology and I post on this board solely to defend the Truth and the chronology of celebrated WT scholars.

So sCHOLAR you have too much invested to quit now?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Ozzie, if you don't mind taking down my cheeky post where I claim to answer for scholar, I'd appreciate it. I've thought better of it and would like it removed.

OldSoul:

We don't usually do that but since I did something similar myself last night (i.e. regretted it afterwards) and can quite understand; also to preserve respect amongst posters on the forum, I've done it.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Kaput
    Kaput

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that the Borg could very well have its own Men In Black? A special group of individuals whose "spirituality" is virtually impervious to apostate arguments? Functioning under a specially sanctioned department as a "Joshua/Caleb" class who are charged with the task of "spying out the land" and engaging in anti-apostate guerilla tactics on various web sites? Just a thought.

• Erich
    Erich

ring wielder told me

So, it is true that while nobody on here has the right to tell you not to visit or post, are you not doing what Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden did....sticking two fingers up at Jehovah and telling him YOU can decide whats best for you....

It is NOT "JHWH" telling me to avoid this board here.

Its people. Some of them have got no blind idea what "JHWH" actually means.

Please dont forget this.

As an active JW, I know that I am dangered to get df`d. I can`t help it.

E.

• steve2
    steve2
    I also see where it might be off-putting to a lot of lurkers who may otherwise step out of the shadows.

I guess that could happen if lurkers don't follow a thread from beginning to end and wrongly assume I am criticising any JW from posting.

Let me put it as plainly as I can: I'm all for JWs posting here. I just think that if they choose to take pot shots at ex-JWs then the JWs need to be prepared for a robust response from us. Goodness knows we were silenced long enough when we were in the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit