THE MOTIVES OF GOOD JWS WHO POST ON THIS SITE

by steve2 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

While I think it's perfectly okay, I do wonder what motivates JWs to post here and especially to also express views critical of ex-JWs. What gives?

Is it the Freudian notion of "projection": The JW who denounces something in others that he or she is also guilty of? Hence, if a JW clearly denounces an apostate's faults, it must mean the JW is really against apostasy when it might be something he or she struggles with.

Or is it a frustrated desire to be recognised and the kingdom hall isn't giving them enough recognition? All that expert learning and the brothers just ignore it!

Or is it an over-active need to correct others and a weakened belief that Jehovah will take care of things in his time? So slow, man.

Or could the JW be motivated by the freudian notion of displacement? That is, sneakily redirecting their own negative emotions about the Watchtower's forbidding them from accessing apostate websites. It can be hard being treated like a child and so tempting to sneak out to play when mother and father are preoccupied elsewhere.

What do others think? perhaps even JWs in good standing can respond. Answers can be as brief as possible or as detailed.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    While I think it's perfectly okay, I do wonder what motivates JWs to post here and especially to also express views critical of ex-JWs. What gives?

ya, i wonder this too.

i basically see them as apologists that:

1. want to prove to themselves that their faith can stand up to that dangerous place called the internet.
    2. are counting service time because they see the internet as a valid "up and coming" place for the ministry.

ts

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

It could be genuine Christian love motivating them to bring back some "lost sheep".

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Scholar is here advocating on behalf of the WatchTower. He is either one of them (up at Bethel), doing his best to spew some propaganda, which might actually have some effect on those here that are new, trying to scare them back to KH with his presence, or he is just insane and completely brainwashed, another unpaid distributor who completely believes what he is taught to believe. DefD is just a loyal, brainwashed witness.

• defd
    defd

To be honest, I have written about this before, but I stumbled apon this website on the internet. I joined and quickly found out that this was not what I thought. To make along story short, I became addicted. I left once for a while and I am about to leave again and who knows maybe for good this time. So one reason why I post here is 1) addiction.

Another reason is similiar to why most others post here. You all post here to encourage oneanother(which doesnt happen often) and when knew ones come, yall want to help them with thier exodus from the truth. Me I too want encourage some and help the new ones not to exodus the truth.

brainwashed witness.

Hellrider I am not brainwashed in the way you think. Yes my brain was WASHED when I became a servant of Jehovah. It was washed clean of all the bad things that i thought was right. I have a strong mind and I CANT be brainwashed in the sense you see it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now just a cotton-pickin' minute! How come that after a long silence from scholar and defd they both reappear in the past few minutes?? What's happening???

• defd
    defd

Ozzie if your implying that me and scholor are one in the same you ARE DEAD WRONG. If you feel that we are in this together some how you are also WRONG. I dont even know scholor and spoke to him I think only once in this board. Again I only post on the weekdays while I am at work. I am not on line at home.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Scholar is here advocating on behalf of the WatchTower. He is either one of them (up at Bethel), doing his best to spew some propaganda, which might actually have some effect on those here that are new, trying to scare them back to KH with his presence, or he is just insane and completely brainwashed, another unpaid distributor who completely believes what he is taught to believe.

I have offered another guess some time ago: scholar is not a JW at all (his religious vocabulary doesn't sound like a JW's). He has JW acquaintances and has read a lot of WT literature. Am I wrong, scholar?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

defd:

Again I only post on the weekdays while I am at work

Does your employer know that? Better to do it at home, don't you think?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Am I wrong, scholar?

No, Narkissos, i think you have it right. I've been wondering the same for a while, too. It'll be interesting to read his honest answer, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit