My mom's being told to shun me.

by GetBusyLiving 56 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Those goofy bastards are up to their old tricks again.

Some background: I disassociated a year ago and explained why I was leaving to my mom, who agreed with me and told me that she's been thinking of leaving the Dubs for nearly ten years. She's been inactive for the past year and happier than ever. None of the dubs have contacted my mom for the past year, not even to give condolences when my grandmother died.

Out of the blue she gets a phone call from some elder's wife in her old hall this past weekend. My mom doesn't even really know this person. The stranger was all happy small talk for about five minutes then asks my mom to have a Bible study with her. My mom politely expressed that it really isn't a good time right now for that.

Then as the conversation's winding down the elders wife says, "..make sure you don't contact Sheldon for anything, and especially spiritual matters." This stranger is calling from nowhere telling my mom to have nothing to do with me. My mom tells her that she doesn't care what some organization tells her to do, she would never disown her son. End of conversation.

Now my mom is talking of disassociating herself because the elders are bound to follow up on her statement.

GBL

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Good for your MOM! You gotta get her posting on here now!

Kwin

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good for your mom!!!!!

• thom
    thom

Wow GBL, I'm glad your mom sees that you are more important than a bunch of old men to her.
    Sounds like that elder's wife might be helping to nudge her in the right direction.

• kls
    kls

Thats love for your child and not a cult . Good for you mom.

• Tez
    Tez

A message for your mum!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I felt exactly the same and was privileged to be at my df'd son's wedding which I wouldn't have missed for the world!!! I cannot understand how I was made to be a mum, with all the maternal instincts, if it just means shunning the children I have nurtured over the years when they decide to make up their own mind about something!!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

GBL

You are so fortunate that your mom loves you and is thinking for herself. This should prove to her as one more example of how wacky they really are.

My paretns are both still "IN" and even though they promise they will always love me and never disown me, I fear that the dubs may continue to work on them to cut contact with me (atleast to some extent).... I tell myself that won't happen. Howevever, they can have a powerful impact when you aren't seeing clearly.....

Best wishes to you and your mom....

• sandy
    sandy

I am so happy fir you and your mom. I am also very proud of her though I do not know her.

I'm glad the org. doesn't have her mind like it does so many others.

Best Wishes!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good for your mother. It sounds to me like this elderette is bored so she is going to see if she can stir things up a bit. It probably won't be the last you hear on this matter. I hope you mom can make a clean break from the tower. It seems like this is the time for her to do it. She will need your help and support if she does decide to disassociate herself.

• delilah
    delilah

Good for your mom, GBL.....don't you just love it, when after quite a noticeable absence, the JW's come poking around again???? Trying to keep you from your mother, how disgusting! I'm glad your mom stood her ground, and refused a study, AND refused to listen to that woman about shunning you. How DARE she tell your mom how to treat you in the first place.

Delilah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit