My mom's being told to shun me.

by GetBusyLiving 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Back to the OP -

GBL - That is awesome. I wish my folks could see things that way. Let your Mom know a bunch of us here are cheering her on!

• Perry
    Perry

You are lucky and yes you have a great mom. My mother told me that she never wanted to see me again a few weeks after she accepted our gifts for her 50 wedding anniversary.

• carla
    carla

Good for Mom!

Do jw's realize that to others they look like their faith is so weak that any challenge to it and poof it may be gone?! They certainly do not look like 'mature Christians'! (not they ever look like Christians anyway)

How are they supposed to be the 'light of the world' when nobody else is good enough to associate with? Even people at the hell are not always good enough, bad associates all over the place!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

GBL! That is fabulous news... Wow fancy your mum loving you unconditionally!!!

And the fact that she shared with you what had happened... Well she obviously felt empowered having had stood up to them and their pathetic doctrines. Encourage her while she's on this high. Tell her that we all think she is wonderful!

Miss Peaches

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nothing like giving up your birthrite for a pot of stew

What! GetBusyLiving got a pot of stew when he left? I might have left earlier if I was an made an offer like that.

All kidding aside because I left the WT while I was still young in my old age I will be able to afford all the pots of stew I wish. I glad to see GBL left before he wasted his life there.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Way to go mom!! My parents semi-shunned me at my wedding w/ a df'd person. They still throw it in my face whenever its convenient for them. I love hearing stories about truly loving parents.

• Es
    Es

thats awesome man.....you are so lucky to have a mum like that wish i did.

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit