My mom's being told to shun me.

by GetBusyLiving 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Nothing like giving up your birthrite for a pot of stew.

I agree... it's amazing how many JWs are willing to destroy a family for the sake of a book publishing company.

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Well I realize this discussion forum is made up of people happy to trample Jehovah's Witnesses I am just curious as to why he did what he did. I have read a few posts and most of them are about people leaving for self indulgent reasons. By saying sorry I was merely stating that I am sorry he left because I beleive it is the truth.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

hurray for mama!!!!!!!! makes me hopeful that mine will see the light

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Nothing like giving up your birthrite for a pot of stew.

"I agree... it's amazing how many JWs are willing to destroy a family for the sake of a book publishing company."

Hmm.. Interesting perspective and I thought I was dedicated to God, not a book publishing company. Maybe thats where you ones that have left the truth missed the point.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Nothing like giving up your birthrite for a pot of stew. Sorry to hear that you dissassociated yourself, mind explaining why?

Welcome to the forum. I disassociated because the Witnesses don't have anything close to "truth". I honestly don't know where to start. Are you aware of the flip flops on organ transplants and the JW's blood policy? Do you know how many people have died because of these these policies that change on the whim of some old men in New York?

GBL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Hmm.. Interesting perspective and I thought I was dedicated to God, not a book publishing company. Maybe thats where you ones that have left the truth missed the point.

I'm sorry, I did not know you had Disassociated yourself from the Watchtower Society. Would you mind sharing why?

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

I agree death is a terrible thing.

However of these deaths that could of been prevented, how many extra days of life could a blood transfusion add? Or blood products? My favorite is reading about innocent people being tied down and forced to take blood transfusions only to die a few days or weeks later.

Blood is an issue that is huge in the eyes of many, but only one set of eyes really does matter. If we try to hold on to a life that is decaying in a system that is falling apart at the seams - what do we gain and what do we give up if we violate God's laws?

• avishai
    avishai

Then why did they change the baptismal questions from simply avowing loyalty to Jehovah and Jesus, to Jehovah, Jesus AND that publishing co.?

• avishai
    avishai

Then why did they change the baptismal questions from simply avowing loyalty to Jehovah and Jesus, to Jehovah, Jesus AND that publishing co.?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

dude, that's harsh of them.

but kudo's to your mom!

but, how would they know that you're a no-good-down-and-dirty-apostate? do you think that they saw your avatar here on JWD and made a cross country call?

if so, i guess that means it won't be long until my mom gets a call, LOL!

seriously though, how'd they know?

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit