My mom's being told to shun me.

by GetBusyLiving 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

When did the baptismal questions ever say we were dedicated to anyone but Jehovah God?

• Sassy
    Sassy

we didnt' miss any point.. we simply finally saw with eyes of reality..

we feel bad for those still blinded and thinking this is the truth..

I'm so glad for you and your mom GBL. My mom made the choice to shun me and I am not even officially da'd..

• love11
    love11

GBL- I'm glad that your mom isn't giving you up. They have some nerve! Who do they think they are?!

R- 1211 Self- indulgence is not the only reason some leave. Most self- indulgence acts are overlooked if you are the right person, namely, an elders son or daughter.

I remember an elder was sleeping with a pioneer sister and the whole congregation knew about it because they were real "touchy- feely" to each other in field service. They were just given a " talking to" and he didn't give as many talks as he used to, but things were still the same as far as everyone else knew.

I, on the other hand, was disfellowshipped for spending the night at a worldly boys house. It was completely innocent and nothing at all sexually happened and only my mom knew about it. I was disfellowshipped four days later, I think maybe it had more to do with the sisters complaining to the elders that all the men were staring at me and not them, so they were looking for any excuse to get me out of there. I can't tell you all the sisters who smiled at me after I was disfellowshipped, the funny thing was I wouldn't be caught dead with any of their men and I dressed more modest then they did! It's a social club- the sooner you figure that out, the better!

GBL- You and your mom have a great life together and don't bother yourself with all this crap!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Blood is an issue that is huge in the eyes of many, but only one set of eyes really does matter. If we try to hold on to a life that is decaying in a system that is falling apart at the seams - what do we gain and what do we give up if we violate God's laws?

You're sidestepping the issue Ragnar. These are not God's laws. These are doctinal flip flops on a policy that is not even Bible based.

Obviously you believe the governing body of JW's to be God's channel. Did you know that Jerusalem was not overthrown by the Babylonians in 607 B.C but rather 587 B.C? Do you understand what this means to the Jehovah's Witness doctrine of the last days begining in 1914 and the Bible students being supposedly chosen in 1919? It means that this has never happened. If you insist on holding to the truth that Jesus was never appointed to rule in 1914 you will be disfellowshiped from the Jehovah's Witness's as an apostate, and shunned by friends and family. Does that bother you at all?

GBL

• avishai
    avishai

Read the excerpts and see how the questions have changed over the years...................

Watchtower 1966 August 1 p.465 Baptism Shows Faith ***

Are you able to answer "Yes" to the two questions regularly propounded when individuals present themselves for Christian baptism?

(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1970 May 15 p.309 Your Conscience Toward Jehovah ***

20 Two questions which do search out the heart and mind of each candidate are: (1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus? (2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain? Those who answer "yes" audibly to these two questions so that the other persons present may witness their affirmation of dedication may appropriately be baptized.

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1973 May 1 p.280 Baptizing Follows Discipling ***

...If you feel the same about serving Jehovah God and taking Christ's yoke upon you, we suggest that you consider the following two questions, which are asked of candidates for baptism:

(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1985 June 1 p.30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication ***

Decision Based on Knowledge

[…]

At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ's example. The first question is:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism.

[Emphasis Added]

*** Watchtower 1989 January 15 p.13 What Prevents You From Getting Baptized? ***

18 The Scriptures repeatedly mention the baptism of believers. (Acts 4:4; 5:14; 8:13; 16:27-34; 18:8; 19:1-7) To become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then, a person must be a believer—one who exercises faith and gets baptized. Even before baptism, such faith manifests itself in godly conduct, trust in Jehovah, participation in the Kingdom-preaching work, and acceptance of Jesus' ransom sacrifice. Faith in the ransom is emphasized for baptismal candidates, for the first of two questions the speaker asks them is: "On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?" Only if the individual answers in the affirmative and also understands that his dedication and baptism identify him as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization can he acceptably undergo water immersion.

*** Watchtower 1989 January 15 p.15 How Baptism Can Save Us ***

JEHOVAH has specific requirements for those seeking salvation. They must acquire accurate knowledge, exercise faith, repent of their sins, be converted, make a dedication to God, and undergo baptism as believers. (John 3:16; 17:3; Acts 3:19; 18:8) Baptismal candidates must acknowledge publicly that on the basis of Jesus' sacrifice they have repented of their sins and have dedicated themselves to Jehovah. They must also understand that dedication and baptism identify them as Jehovah's Witnesses.

2 The entire baptismal arrangement, including this public expression of faith, is essential for salvation. (Romans 10:10) This was confirmed when the apostle Peter wrote: "Immersion . . . saves us." (1 Peter 3:21, ED) But exactly how should we understand these words? What does the context show?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:but, how would they know that you're a no-good-down-and-dirty-apostate? do you think that they saw your avatar here on JWD and made a cross country call?

Honestly dude, I have no idea. It must have gotten out that I'm a vocal ex-wit somehow. I don't even know the people that contacted her at all. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

GBL

• talesin
    talesin

GBL

YAY!!! That's one of those special "granite planet" moms! She rocks.

For the JW apologist on board:

" you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free "

I am free of the pedophile paradise. Child molesters forgiven! Rapists roaming the congregations, preying on children at assemblies and gatherings,,, babysitting your kids so that they can get a chance at them! And yes, I was one of those children.

YES, the 2-witness rule protects pedophiles. What child molester makes sure s/he has 2 witnesses to the deed? Do a little research. www.silentlambs.org

talesin

was a 4th generation JW , *victim no more* class

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Quote:
    "Obviously you believe the governing body of JW's to be God's channel. Did you know that Jerusalem was not overthrown by the Babylonians in 607 B.C but rather 587 B.C? Do you understand what this means to the Jehovah's Witness doctrine of the last days begining in 1914 and the Bible students being supposedly chosen in 1919? It means that this has never happened. If you insist on holding to the truth that Jesus was never appointed to rule in 1914 you will be disfellowshiped from the Jehovah's Witness's as an apostate, and shunned by friends and family. Does that bother you at all?"

-----------

Could you please provide me historical references to the 587 BCE date. I am just curious because Jerusalem was overthrown by Babylon around 620 BCE although the temple was not destroyed until 607 bce.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Could you please provide me historical references to the 587 BCE date. I am just curious because Jerusalem was overthrown by Babylon around 620 BCE although the temple was not destroyed until 607 bce.

Check this site out. http://www.607v587.com/

Look up any outside information on the fall of Babylon. Anywhere but the Watchtower, if you want some truth.

Do your own research too. Don't ever just take someone's word for it. If you need anything else, wanna question or debate, here's the place.

• talesin
    talesin

Ragnar

That is an excellent question for a seeker of truth, and a really good place to begin your research. There are lots of references here on the forum that you can research, and I wish you all the best on your quest!

Check the "Best of" section, it is filled with all kinds of good stuff. (I'm sure others here will give more specific references.)

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit