My mom's being told to shun me.

by GetBusyLiving 56 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Ragnar, here's my favorite, even the watchtower shows that it's 587, unintentionally......

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Hmm.. Interesting perspective and I thought I was dedicated to God, not a book publishing company. Maybe thats where you ones that have left the truth missed the point.

I'm sorry, I did not know you had Disassociated yourself from the Watchtower Society. Would you mind sharing why?

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

I have not diassosiated myself. I am Dedicated to Jehovah God and count myself as one of Jehovah's witnesses.

I will do my own research in response to the 607 vs 587 question but I actually find the replies from bethel quite convincing on the 607vs587 website.

But here is a question for all you forum goers while I do my own research:

Since it is pretty clear what all of you do not believe I am wondering what you do beleive?

1) Who is the creator of the universe?
    2) Why are we here, where are we going?
    3) Why do we grow old and die?
    4) Will suffering ever end?
    5) Would you go to war against fellow beleivers?
    6) What does Jesus' sacrafice mean to you?

These are just a few questions off the top of my head that I am extremely interested in hearing a response to. Thanks for your time.

• avishai
    avishai

Hey ragnar, how about putting it on it's own thread, so's not to hijack this one.

Good questions, but your gonna get a lot of different answers.

• talesin
    talesin

Ragnar

We have, for the most part, found our own path.

Instead of throwing questions back at us about broad issues, why not do the research on the issue that you have already identified that interests you? What purpose does it serve you to question us on things that there is no concrete answer for?

Examine the 607 date issue. See what the facts tell you. The answers to all your questions above can be found on this forum ... problem is, that there are many different answers to each, depending on which path a person has chosen. The 607 issue, however, has only one clear, indisputable answer.

Do you fear that the answer to your 607 question may be not what you wish to find? hmmm, diverting the issue to the above-mentioned general questions is a good way to keep from finding out.

tal

• delilah
    delilah

Ragnar, have you changed your name from Sally? Just curious, that's all.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1) Who is the creator of the universe? I have never seen any evidence of an intelligence behind the existence of the universe. Of course I also have to ask, "Who created the creator?"

2) Why are we here, where are we going? Well, sometimes a mommy and a daddy will "hug" each other in a very special way. About 9 months later we are born. That's why I'm here. Where are we going? That depends on where you want to go and what resources you have available. Tonight I plan on going home after work. The resources I will use will be related to the operation of my car.

3) Why do we grow old and die? Entropy

4) Will suffering ever end? Not as long as entropy exists.

5) Would you go to war against fellow believers? Believers of what? Are you talking about people who believe in gravity? Maybe people who believe the earth is flat? You need to be more specific. I'm not inclined to kill anyone, but if someone tries to kill me I'm going to kill him right back!

6) What does Jesus' sacrifice mean to you? It means that he pissed off the establishment and got nailed to some lumber for it. Not uncommon in the time and place he lived in.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I have not diassosiated myself. I am Dedicated to Jehovah God and count myself as one of Jehovah's witnesses.

If you discovered that the study material provided by the Watchtower Society was teaching something you knew was contrary to what the Bible taught, would you be willing to apply the command at Galatians 1:8 and separate yourself from the Watchtower Society?

Galatians 1:8 "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any "good news" other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good on your mom! Give her a big hug, a bunch of flowers, and a very expensive bit of chocolate.

As a counterpoint, I saw a testimonial at the last convention where a local elder decided to turn down his adult's son's request to return home. The elder considered first, that the son had not yet returned to the Witnesses. Second, that by having his son in his home, it could put his own spiritual progress at risk. Third, he asked himself if it was absolutely necessary for the son to return, or could the young man survive without them?

Selling his inheritance for a pot of stew, indeed.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Tell your mom that she's a jewel, GBL!!!!

The WTBTS is losing their demonic hold on people and it is eating them up that their false doctrines are being exposed for the world to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit