October 22 Awake! Young People Ask – article about chat rooms and apostates

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Like it or not, JWD is here to stay!
    It is so very healthy to be able to speak your mind and not get smacked on the side of the head for it.

What ultimate harm does anything any human have to say anyway?
    Humans can say there is no God, the sun is green, etc....
    What humans have to say is pretty insignificant when it comes to the huge questions that need answers.

This forum is for exploration of the heart.

We have all had different experiences and have had different hurts and have come to different conclusions.
    Some are still forming conclusions.
    The various opinions expressed here will fall on the different hearts with varying appreciation.

I am so happy to find this board. In a most profound way it has changed my ability to put a voice to all the frustrations I have felt, but could not speak to anyone.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Same motivation, different method:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/09/18/opinion/edtina.php

China now has more than 100 million Internet users, more than any nation but the United States. But as the Internet booms, China is growing more politically closed. Its government has used the Internet masterfully as a steam valve, allowing Chinese to participate in a world that is modern in all senses but one. A controlled Internet may seem like an oxymoron, but China has one. Sophisticated filters block access for users in China to ideas about democracy, human rights, Taiwan, Tiananmen and other sensitive subjects. Type in "democracy" on a search engine in China and you get a limited choice of government-approved sites, or nothing at all, or a warning that the word is prohibited. If you use one of these words in an e-mail message, chat room or blog, you will be censored, and possibly arrested.
  • mcsemike
    mcsemike

Yes, Smiles, they are doing it to themselves. This is both funny and frightening, because their members STILL fall for this BS and remain as members. I can't recall where I heard this, but someone said there was an assembly where the "brother" giving the talk said that if an angel appeared on stage next to him, RIGHT THERE, and started to say things that weren't in harmony with their beliefs, that he should be ignored as a demon, or something to that effect. YEAH, RIGHT!! After 90% of the JW's there got done changing their underwear after seeing a real angel, I doubt that the speaker would be listened to and the angel ignored. But quoting good old Gal. 1:8 works every time. It kills the Mormon argument and it would kill off any angel as well. I guess it's a good thing that God doesn't use them anymore, huh? How do you think Jehovah would feel if every angel he sent to Bethel had to be "screened" to see if he was an apostate before being listened to? Wait a minute. I know how it works now. The GB and the work is guided by angels, right? Maybe if the angel is carrying a FedEx envelope with a special seal on it, THEN the GB would open it and print the "new light". What do you think? It is really odd that the WT is now so scared, they are suing people for spreading the same information that they almost had to PAY publishers to spread years ago. Yet at the time, it was "priceless new light and food at the proper time". I don't know when it's ever the proper time to print lies and BS, by I'm sure there is a time. There must be, for the "GREAT AND POWERFUL, WIZARD OF NYC, UH, I MEAN OZ, HAS SPOKEN". You still there, Teddy? One last thought: The loyal and faithful JW's will demonize the website but I wonder how they'll feel when they realize that the enemy is their OWN LITERATURE?? That should be funny. The part we should be thankful for is that the JW's don't vote. But they do drive, and what's worst of all, THEY REPRODUCE!! We should be thankful that there aren't that many of them.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

If you shoot one of the GB, I bet you'd make the list.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Oh NO NO NO NO NO NO NO -

Please remember that an innocent JW youth might meet a JW pedo on such a site. What if the youngster then reports an attempted seduction of a minor to the authorities?

WT cannot countenance that. "We do not approve of honesthearted ones who misguidedly report congregation child rapists met on the internet to the authorities. This is in direct defiance of theocrappic counsel."

HB

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My mates 17 y.o. worldly daughter lives on her pc and so does all of her friends,it must be the same with j-dub kids.

What did i do as a teen for fun?Ride around in my muscle car playing the 8-track tape player (1970's)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Before I was forced out of the cult...I would NEVER NEVER NEVER have been so disobedient as to look at ANYTHING on the net that wasn't WTS "approved"... Yes I was that stupid loyal...

I think many many Dubs...are like that...

But, the young ones...that's a different story...

There is still LOTS of hope...for many to become free from the clutches of the loveless WTS cult.

u/d

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Do you really want as friends those who choose to downplay Bible-based direction?

Is that really what they said? If so, it's the most important thing to come out of the WBTS in a long time - and it's VERY scary.

This statement is the ultimate in mind control. The Society don't make rules, oh no, just give 'bible based direction'.

(But heaven help you if you DON'T follow our 'suggestions' because we'll make sure your friends shun you).

It's all about control...bloody cult.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The procreation will continue, it will just become small inbred congregational communities. I'm from Tasmania so i know what that is like.

• avengers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit