October 22 Awake! Young People Ask – article about chat rooms and apostates

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

This is just more made up fiction on the part of witnesses, they are so full of s**t it is impossible to believe they ever talk with anyo ne the dubs at the writing department just make it up. Like a recent wt study article barbara and Kieth with a footnote saying the names have been changed (oh sure we had to change bill and mary to barbara and kieth give me a breack I am so tired of their crap

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Remember the three monkeys...."hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"? The WTS continually tries to convince the JWs that they are poor mindless blobs that have no self-control or conscience to speak of.

They make them feel that without their "counsel and guidance" that the sheep would have no chance in "pleasing Jehovah" (TM) if not for heeding this advice.

What the poor misled JWs don't realize is that it's the WTS that IS the most evil thing in their lives, and that the WTS will go as far as possible to keep the sheep from seeing and hearing the "truth about the troof" at all cost.

It would seem that so many JWs are "misbehaving" by going to the chatrooms and forums, and are asking questions and developing real doubts about what they have been taught. If this wasn't such a huge problem for the WTS, they would not have made such a big deal about it (again) in the litter-ature.

GO APOSTATES!!!!!

• love11
    love11

avengers- A more realistic representation of the article would be- Family.... Who Cares????!!!

Do you really want as friends those who choose to downplay Bible-based direction?

That's funny! I guess downplaying men in suits who control your life by saying they are guided by God is the same as downplaying the bible! LOL That's a good one!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The Watchtower is so pathetic. Can you imagine these guys frantically repeating retarded warnings every few months or so, year after year? Anyone with any brains at all still stuck in that org is going to realize that something really smells fishy..

GBL

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

UH OH! guess I missed that awake article while I was throwing away last month's pile. (Its pretty hard to keep up with the 20 magazines a month I get from the circulation desk when I barely go out in serivce.) Its ridiculous. If it was not for sites like these I would of never discovered the REAl truth. I'd still be depressed and near suicide feelin I'm really sinning beacuse I masturbate. These sites are a blessing and I think its making it much easier for young people my age to realize what is really out there. I hear about so many in their 20's being DF'd and I smile b/c I know that it means they were able to finally get out.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Notice that Paul and Jude identify the stealthy methods often used by apostates. These Bible writers noted that apostates “sneaked in” or “slipped in” with the purpose of morally corrupting those in the Christian congregation. Today, chat rooms offer such corrupt ones the perfect cloak for their devious endeavours. Like rocks hidden below water, these false Christians mark their real intent beneath a pretense of concern for Witness youths. But their goal is to shipwreck the faith of unwary ones.

Since when do "apostates" (at least the ones I know) pursue the "unwary" IN the congregation?

The ONLY people to "shipwreck my faith"...were the Dubs themselves...no apostate had anything to do with it....please explain?

I think they need to look at THEMSELVES!

They are the "apostates" they are warning their members of....

OMG...the lunacy!

u/d(of the so f*cking glad I finally made it "out" class)

• Mulan
    Mulan

It also lets us know that they definitely know about us and read here. Hahhahahhaha. Who cares?

(I didn't read this whole thread, so the above may be a repeat)

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I think AlanF and JanH have been in the Top Ten Most Wanted Apostates for a while. I'm sure I was in that list some years ago. My anti-Watchtower behavior has chilled quite a bit recently.

When the (ex)JW-oriented yahoo chat room was still around, I'd get private messages from JWs in Africa, the Phillipines, and Latin countries all the time. The Watchtower is going to lose this battle. The internet and chatting/discussion boards are too enticing, even for people in their mid-30s who recall the fun they had as teens chatting in Q-Link or local BBSs (like I did). More to say later as typing hurts like hell and I have some errands to take care of....

• sf
    sf
    Wonder if they do have a list of the Top Ten Apostates in the world. Who would you guess would be on it?

sKally

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thanks for posting that. As revolting as that Stalin-era, mind-control propaganda is, I find it extremely encouraging that the WTS is TRULY paranoid and clearly TERRIFIED at the consequences of the internet on their little empire. They will NEVER be able to control or stop it and I believe it will eventually lead to their complete collapse (at least in "wired" countries). I wonder though, what about all the JW dating sites out there? These are evil too????? By condemning all internet activity, they will simultaneously be preventing dubs from hooking up for the procreation of new dubs !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit