Aren't we great? JW's lead the way at the Astrodome

by Bonnie_Clyde 37 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have no doubt the witnesses were out there trying to take care of themselves...... what about all the "worldy" people that could have been encouraged by all the love of the brothers to everyone, no matter what religion?

Oh yes, silly me.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Haha! Funny!

The astrodome can relax now -- the Jehovah's Witnesses are there. And New Orleans can relax, too -- Sean Penn is there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    location, and within thirty minutes, all that were there at that time were accounted for, gathered up, comforted, and on their way to homes that were

providing lodging and comfort for them. As they loaded the families and friends into vans provided by the friends, the brothers got a charge

Yes, but what about inactive ones, dfed ones, people considered marked or weak. What about those who are looked down on by everyone in their partitcular hall for whatever reason?

Can you imagine the family who is standing there, awaiting help and then some brother whipsers to the elders not to help them because they are on the black list at the local hall. Or worse, they go home with some JWs, only to have the elders come in for a visit. Then the elders tell them they have to find another place to go since they are spiritually weak and therefore pose a huge threat to the host family and the local cong.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

OK, so how, yes again, does the damn quote work??

When I read the "how fortunate ...blah,blah,blah....listen to the brothers" my gag reflex started! What a load of crap!

shelley

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I guess the part that irritated me the most was how smug they were that they figured out how to get to the PA system before the other religions.

Didn't they just have an assembly there?

• Jeannine
    Jeannine

I am sure any ant can operate a PA system. I think all you have to do is follow the wire from the mic and it leads you to a box where you PUSH A FREAKING BUTTON. Maybe all the other religions in the Astrodome where too busy feeding ALL people and organizing for ALL people to be bothered with a PA system "call out" for only specific people. Other religions remained at the Astrodome day and night to assist ALL people. Other religions didn't need to get on the PA to perform a 30 minute "hit and run" relief gathering. There would be no need to get on the PA system if you are there to provide assistance to EVERYBODY. Geesh....if I were a JW I would be embarrassed at the way they handle their humanitarian efforts.

• rebel8
    rebel8

To think I once believed such self-serving garbage.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Wouldn't it be a better witness of what a great religion it is and how loving the people are if they did try to not just help their own , which was a great thing, but also to help others as well???? People would then say.." wow.. those JWs were so nice and helped so many people no matter who they were.. maybe we should study with them!!!"

• rebel8
    rebel8

JWs are always sooo much smarter than everyone else in their urban legends. It must be because of reading all those Awakes.

So then the question is, if organizing relief efforts is soooo much easier for them than it is for the relief organizations that have been around for 100s of years and have 1000s of trained professionals on staff, then why don't the JWs just take over the relief efforts themselves? I mean, at their lightning speed, they oughta be able to clean up New Orleans and build everyone new houses in say a week or so.

• Scully
    Scully

LMAO @ Richie!

A big steaming load of Agape

I am SOOOO going to use that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit