Aren't we great? JW's lead the way at the Astrodome

by Bonnie_Clyde 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A letter that was just passed on to me by e-mail. It's important to follow the elder's directions:

Hi Don,

I thought I would send you a little bit of information that was interesting concerning the first of the Astrodome evacuees in

to the brother's directions:Michael said that when the brothers first went into the Astrodome, it was a scene of chaos, as the people in authority tried to pull everything together for the evacuees comfort, but no clear plan or directions were yet in effect, so we can imagine the scene. The brothers then asked those who were in charge of the evacuees if they knew of any Jehovah's Witnesses in this first group that were brought in. They were told that no, they did not specifically know of any

Witnesses, but that the brothers were welcome to set up an information booth as many of the other churches and groups had done. Instead, the brothers

mentioned to those in charge that they were more than a little familiar with the Astrodome and its facilities (from years of assemblies held there), and so

would they mind if they "poked around a little bit" to see what they could find out. "Of course not, please go ahead," they were told.

Within minutes, the brothers had the PA systems going, and an announcement was made for all Jehovah's Witnesses in the facility to gather at a specific
    location, and within thirty minutes, all that were there at that time were accounted for, gathered up, comforted, and on their way to homes that were
    providing lodging and comfort for them. As they loaded the families and friends into vans provided by the friends, the brothers got a charge
    out of hearing the PA system crackling with messages and direction as the other groups followed their example.

Thirty minutes!! How organized Jehovah's people are, and how fortunate that we are used to following directions from brothers in charge !! And what a
    reminder for all of us to follow directions from the brothers at times like these!

Thanks for all the updates you are sending to us regarding the friends from the Gulf coast area. One name that you had mentioned and forwarded email
    information from, was Sister Mary Ritter. I recognized her name because she had studied with Martha Gonzalez' mother when she lived in ,

and so I was glad to be able to pass the information on that she was safe. (But she had already called Martha's mom by the time I could reach Martha,

so I was pleased about that!!)

With Christian love,
    Joyce and Chuck

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

There certainly are benefits to being part of a cong.

But they still make me want to

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I can't believe that is true.

To the person who wrote the email, prove that ALL they JW's gathered within that 30 mins? Did people stick around to find out? If so, then what was the point of saying to gather within 30 mins? If not, how the hell do you know that they all gathered in that time?

Kwin

• Scully
    Scully

Amid all that chaos, they - without any identification whatsoever - got permission to "go ahead and poke around"? Bull.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I can't possibly understand how any JW could be proud of this experience, even if it is true (which I suspect it is not).

I basically says: "We used our superior organization skills to take of only JWs, and got them out of the Astrodome ASAP. We then left everyone else to fend for themselves, because our Christian Love only extends to fellow JWs"

• talesin
    talesin

Umm, this can't be true.

THEY HAD NO ELECTRICITY, SO HOW THE HELL WAS THE PA SYSTEM WORKING?.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    THEY HAD NO ELECTRICITY, SO HOW THE HELL WAS THE PA SYSTEM WORKING?.

Tal, It's the Astrodome, in Houston, not the Superdome in New Orleans.

Kwin

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Dear Joyce & Chuck,

I'm sure that as God-fearing Witnesses, you were at the meeting last Sunday. I'm also sure that you, and the rest of your congregation were read an announcement concerning the wellbeing of our brothers and sisters in the areas affected by Katrina.

I'd like to take a moment to remind you that at the end of that letter, we were asked not to communicate via email concerning the disaster relief efforts. I'm sure it was an oversight, but I do appreciate you taking the time to correct your errors.

BTW, did you know that the WTBTS was once a member of the UN?

A big stemaing load of Agape,

RichieRich

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, Kwin. DOH!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think that story is entirely believable. It sounds just like them.

At least that group of people are now in homes, able to begin to recover.

It's not a bad thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit