Where were you on the a.m. of 9/11/01?

by rebel8 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I was at home. My husband called me on hist way to work, and told me to turn on the tv...something bad was happening.

The first plane had already hit....and then I saw the second plane hit live on tv. It was awful.

We had just driven through part of NYC on the way home from TX a few weeks ago. I was living in NH at the time, and many people I knew, knew someone that was in the Towers, or on the plane. My brother lost a surfing aquaintence, my friend's husband's cousin, whom they had visitied with at a wedding a few weeks earlier was in one of the towers, but was luckily evacuated because he had severe burns. I used to work for a company that lost one of the founding owners. (I only met the fellow once).

It was such a sad day.

You know though, I think the country is doing a good job of healing itself.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Throwing the pork to the Ol' Lady.

• Es
    Es

I was alseep. I woke up the next morning drove my ex to work then went home. He rang me from work to turn on the tv. I was glued to the tv all day.

es

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I was deep in the rain forest in Sumatra.

Got down to a village a couple of days later and all the muslims were celebrating!!! Asked a tourist what's the holiday?? Says don't you know?!

Found an internet cafe and there was an email from my daughter saying www3 is about to start...

Got to Thailand asap and actually met a guy who managed to sneak out of NY to meet his girlfriend in Bangkok. He told me his personal story. F'kin tragic all round

Like a dream or nightmare

• thom
    thom

I was driving to work. Once I got there and listened to the radio some more and realized something was happening, I went into the back shop and told the workers and brought them a radio.

• Garnet
    Garnet

Hubby and I were home sick from work, we turned on the t.v. to watch Jerry Springer (Mindless t.v. is great when you are sick). Then the news came on. We both said "what idiot crashed into the World Trade Center, How could they not see it!" (it just didnt look "real") Thats when second plane struck, and I started to get nervous. I had my laptop open and ready to go, sent instant messages to my office and they hadn't heard the news yet - One of my managers was supposed to be on that plane, his business trip was cancelled last minute the evening before - to this day it gives me the chills.

There is a thread up with a man with his hand on the wall of missing people, my old collegue are of those missing. I never met them, but they worked in the NYC office of my last company.

All those poor innocent people

Garnet

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

I was at work at the time working as a corporate travel agent. When we recieved an announcement from the FAA saying more or less that all flights in the air were being grounded and all other flights were being cancelled. Since I worked on the tenth floor and about 20 min from the airport, I and all my coworkers had a great visual of all the planes lining up getting ready to land. Management had set up a tv in the meeting room and any worker that wanted to see the news was able to do so. since it was a small room you can imagine that the room was overcrowded.

Then the calls started coming in from passengers wanting to know why they couldnt board there flights. And we had to tell them what was happening. Some customers thought it was a joke, others wanted flights outta new york adn washington DC, but it was impossible since all flights had been canceled untill further notice.

It was really hectic for the next few days to come.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On vacation in Europe

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

First, I was sitting in a local Arby's, having breakfast, when the waitress told me that a plane had hit the first tower. We all thought a terrible accident had happened. I left to go to the hospital to see my Mom who was in dire health. While waiting in the lounge we saw that the second tower was hit. Then I watched as the first tower fell -we were all in shock.

I can never forget that day - the day we realized that Moms health was falling, the towers fell too. She did not see the third anniversary of that day before she died. In that same period of time we found that the organization was a farce and left too.

Tramatic times. The world in general will never be the same - nor will mine.

Jeff

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I was home sick that day and had just woken up. Mozz and I weren't married yet, so he called me on his way to school that morning. He said, "You need to turn on the tv. A plane just crashed into the WTC." I was stuffed up with medicine head and wearing my purple striped pajamas. My dog threw up on the carpet that morning and my neighbor downstairs was late taking her kid to school.

I remember strange little details when I'm really caught off guard or scared like that.

A shock ran through my body, as I realized that thousands were dying, before my very eyes.

Talesin, that was my exact thought. It hit me when the towers fell. I just remember thinking, "I'm watching thousands of people die a horrible death, this very moment." I worked for Dow Jones at the time, so I knew some of my NYC colleagues were in Tower Two. And some of my colleagues from a previous job were in the same building. I was stunned.

I was on JWD. Really. :)

I had just signed on and I saw a post by MadApostate saying Turn on the TV...

I didn't believe the thread title, I didn't believe the post...then other people started posting about it...

I spent the next 13 hours in chat.

Wish I had a transcript of that day's chat.

I remember chat moving so terribly fast that I couldn't read it fast enough and keep up with the conversation. There was a ridiculous amount of people in chat that day. Over 40 or so, I seem to remember.

Simon or other board mods, is it possible to get a transcript of chat from that day???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit