Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

QUOTES

I've still got access to some original WT printed materials. My library is your library. Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can meet any requests. I hope you don't mind if I count that time towards my field service report.

• avishai
    avishai

Well, at least you know you scared the crap out of the WTS!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Viewed: 3,934 times

I noticed that in only a few hours page views were up to almost 4000. I hope the interest shown relates to positive and meaningful support $$$ when push comes to shove with the "evil empire" AKA....WTBTS

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just found and read this topic - awesome! We all wondered what the next 'big thing' would be after the U.N debacle, well this may be it. I too will do a write-up for my site and will definately send letters to some UK editors.

In all the excitement of seeing the Watchtower wet it's knickers let's not overlook the anxiety that Quotes must undoubtedly be feeling right now. We're with you pal.

Can you accept Paypal donations via

Nic'

• Gerard
    Gerard

Hey guys, check this out:

Judge: File sharing legal in Canada

Published: March 31, 2004, 11:33 AM PST Sharing copyrighted works on peer-to-peer networks is legal in Canada, a federal judge ruled on Wednesday, handing the record industry a sharp setback in its international fight against file swappers. [...]In a far-ranging decision, the court further found that both downloading music and putting it in a shared folder available to other people online appeared to be legal in Canada.
    http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5182641.html

• free2beme
    free2beme

Welcome to the world of copyrights! What did you expect would happen? Try posting Harry Potter on the internet and see JK Rowlings lawyers in action. Copyright is what is says, and if your not willing to defend your copyrights in court, then why have them.

• zagor
    zagor

The funniest thing is that they TAKE OUT OF CONTEXT other source on regular basis and never get sued for it. Hmmm. There's an idea.

• orbison11
    orbison11

greetings

dont have time to read thru all posts, but have any created any generic 'letters to the editors' that about a thousand or 3 of us could send to our small / large local papers,,,, soon?

if so please pm me with info

thanks

orbi

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

In a previous case they claimed that Jehovah was editor of the WT - so surely only Jehovah HIMSELF can bring an action.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly
    Welcome to the world of copyrights! What did you expect would happen?

Free2,

What's at issue here is the "fair use" of copyrighted material. Even Harry Potter can be quoted if done in keeping with the fair use provisions.

Watchtower's claim that the site is an attempt to embarrass them seems like a blunder. It's legal to embarass someone so long as you do not slander. It's done all the time in the media. It makes Watchtowers legal action look like an attempt to silence them. This flies in the face of free speech and first ammendment protections.

It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit