Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    there are no doubt 'other eyes' watching this discussion

HEY WT PERVS _ LET ME BEND OVER_ AND YOU CAN LOOK INTO MY BROWN EYE!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

How the hell do they know about Quotes site? They aren't supposed to be looking on the internet for such stuff are they? (Still bent over - you still looking WT Pervs?)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Don't they have to define what "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is / are?

Do they even have the legal right to define what "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is / are?

I don't think so. These are words that are not owned or trademarked by the society.

W

• ballistic
    ballistic

Perry - long time no see.

• avishai
    avishai
    Taking their explanation, being a "witness of Jehovah" is something dished out by God and something anyone could claim

Exactly, and something I've been pointing out for awhile!!

Main Entry: Je·ho·vah

Pronunciation: ji-'hO-v&

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin, reading (as YehOwAh) of Hebrew yhwh Yahweh with the vowel points of 'adhOnAy my lord

: GOD 1

Main Entry: 1 wit·ness

Pronunciation: 'wit-n&s

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English witnesse, from Old English witnes knowledge, testimony, witness, from 2

wit

1 : attestation of a fact or event : TESTIMONY

2 : one that gives evidence; specifically : one who testifies in a cause or before a judicial tribunal

3 : one asked to be present at a transaction so as to be able to testify to its having taken place

4 : one who has personal knowledge of something

5 a : something serving as evidence or proof : SIGN b : public affirmation by word or example of usually religious faith or conviction witness

to divine life -- Pilot>

That's why I think someone who gets announced as "No longer one of "Jehovah's witnesses" needs to sue the snot out of them for slander and defamation., as it puts them in the position of playing God. They don't have copyright on this one.

alt
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A "Witness of Jehovah" who witnesses about his demerits is no less a "Witness of Jehovah".

It's all a matter of perspective.

W

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Ya know, it's hard to be an atheist when it's sometimes so very clear that SOMEBODY is playing games with our world. Did anybody notice the name of the "Local registrar" that signed the writ?

Signed by “F.YOUSSEF” Local registrar

I can only guess how many times the phrase "Go f- you'sef" has come up in Quotes mind over the past 24 hours!

Oh, to be a god... what fun I could have...

Dave

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Why isn't it "Fair Use" to use someone's words to embarrass them?

The "I don't like it" defense doesn't seem to be that strong legally.

IMO

• avishai
    avishai

Gee, they've been using OTHER religions (the catholics, etc.) words to embarass them for DECADES!!! I guess now that the shoe is on the other foot....does'nt feel so good, huh, WTS?

• Perry
    Perry

LOL,

Perhaps the legal reply should be registered by "Seymoore Flight"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit