Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Haven't read all the pages, but I'm shocked they went through with this.

This has got to be the stupidest thing the WTS has done to date.

I love the $100,000 value placed on Jehovah's reputation.

Quotes, I've got a free weekend. I'll do some publicity stuff for you. The WTS doesn't like their shitty underwear waved around for everyone to see.

The Watchtower also doesn't see this coming: apostate backup! They'll be suing Simon next for having a place for ex-JWs unite against the WTS.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Sue the f***er's back!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Don't they have to define what "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is / are?

I was in for 33 years 3rd generation gave them tens of thousands of dollars in cash donations alone and got the bleep beaten outta me all my school years taking my stand as a Jehovah's Witness.

I have signed thousands of web pages-Danny Haszard 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness

Yes i am an expert witness on the Jehovah's Witness

Like the Mafia once in the gang always in the gang.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

13. Each edition of The Watchtower and Awake! is a compilation of original literary works and artistic works. Each compilation was created by Jehovah’s Witnesses pursuant to a contract of service, in the course of a religious vocation or divine calling, with Watch Tower of Pennsylvania. Pursuant to section 13(3) of the Copyright Act, Watch Tower of Pennsylvania is the first owner of all copyright in the Religious Works as “compilations”, within the meaning of s. 2 of the Copyright Act.

14. The literary and artistic works contained in each Religious Work were created by Jehovah’s Witnesses pursuant to a contract of service, in the course of a religious vocation or divine calling, with Watch Tower of Pennsylvania. Pursuant to section 13(3) of the Copyright Act, Watch Tower of Pennsylvania is the first owner of all copyright in the literary and artistic works contained in each Religious Works.

This is a bit off topic, but isn't their use of the phrase "divine calling" similar to claiming they're "inspired"?

W

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    This is a bit off topic, but isn't their use of the phrase "divine calling" similar to claiming they're "inspired"?

Yep, looks like that to me too.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think they are referring to the artists who actually create the artwork, and that they have a "divine calling" to do this type of work, which isn't the same as being inspired, but is like God is pushing this person to take on this type of work.

Kwin

• Scully
    Scully
    "If you do not agree to its terms, do not install or otherwise use the Product. Rather, return it to Watch Tower or transfer it to a user who agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement."

If I return my Product to Watch Tower, will they return my anonymous $25 donation that I made to them when I acquired it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If I return my Product to Watch Tower, will they return my anonymous $25 donation that I made to them when I acquired it?

They tried to tell me I should donate $50.

I didn't give anything though.

W

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

It does not surprise me.

They do not care whether they win or lose they have a bottomless pit for finacing lawsuits and their legal department needs to justify their existance. Even if it's a frivilous lawsuit they will tie you up for years and make it tedious, time consuming and hostile for you and your lawyer.

I am assuming this is in the Ontario Court. If it is my suggestion to you is to file a motion to dismiss on the grounds it is frivolous and vexatious or alternatively order SECURITY for expected legal costs on the basis that it is frivolous and vexatious (and solely designed to antagonoze and bankrupt you).

For your lawyer to build a security for costs case you will need to work hard and not go at it half assed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Okay, okay, if I was thinking like WT legal, probably tomorrow morning I'd put a motion to suppress Quotes' site until the lawsuit is settled. Then I'd drag....drag....drag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit