Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

Where are defd, Sword of Jah and the rest of the JW apologists? Any comments regarding this issue, guys?

• Mary
    Mary
    The content of the CD-ROMs is not readily available to the general public. Some of the content is intended only for Jehovah’s Witnesses,

Hmmm.......and why would that be?? If they speak the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth, then why would there be anything on the CD-ROM that they don't want the rest of the world to see??

There can be no “fair dealing” when the Defendant (v) has not placed any restrictions on others’ use of the web site, but has in fact encouraged others to archive or download the entire web site, and (vi) has created a search engine that selectively quotes from some of the Religious Works but not others.

Wow! Ya, that's a great reason to try and sue someone. I'm sure Christ would approve wholeheartedly.

31. The Defendant’s main purpose in operating the website is not “fair use”, but rather to try to embarrass the Plaintiffs by quoting selectively from some of the Religious Works in a manner that misleads Internet users as to the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses in .

ROFLMFAO........aw, isn't that terrible. This poor, multi-billion dollar corporation is embarassed that their non-profit organization is really, a non-prophet organization!! What a shame. Weren't the Pharisees pissed off to no end when Jesus exposed them for the hypocrites that they were? Quotes, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself for exposing their false doctrines like that!!

34. As a result of his activities, the Plaintiffs have suffered and will continue to suffer damages, including but not limited to loss of reputation and goodwill.

I think they were suffering loss of reputation long before this ever happened. I'm sure they're weeping and nashing their teeth right now. What a frigging joke. Just wait till this one hits the newspapers!!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Here's a link to a discussion of the Quotes site on the BBC forums:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbreligion/F2213235?thread=1003182

Dave

• Mary
    Mary
    Scully wrote: "breach of contract"? Are they referring to your baptism? Surely you had no signed contract with them, and SURELY they do not want ANYONE, particularly the courts of the world, to know that they consider baptism to be a contractual agreement between Joe or Jane Publisher and the WTS. AND most CERTAINLY, they do not want to be caught out for permitting minors to enter what they are considering to be LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS.

Scully, take a look at my sister's response when I sent her this link this morning. She left the Borg 28 years ago and works in insurance now, yet she also picked up on that same little tidbit as you. Here's her response to me:

ONE OF THE STATEMENTS MADE NEAR THE END OF THE PAGE IS QUITE ACCURATE. IF JW'S CONSIDER BAPTISM A "CONTRACT", YOU HAVE TO BE OF A CERTAIN AGE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT SO IF THEY HAVE ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE UNDER 18 GETTING BAPTIZED THEY CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR "BREACHING" A CONTRACT. WHAT JERK OFFS. YES I'M GLAD I LEFT A LONG TIME AGO.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's interesting how, a while ago, the wt threatened quotes because of copywrite violation. Quotes obliged the wt by paring the quotes on his site. Now, the wt accuses him of quoting selectively. This shows how totally dishonest the wt is. In view of these tactics, i don't see how they have a leg to stand on, in front of a judge and jury. Perhaps they are counting on their canadian court history w regards to freedom. Still, this is so blatent, i don't see how they can win this.

S

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Someone contact The Guardian writer who write the story about the UN thing about this.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, has anyone started a quotes defence fund?

S

• glitter
    glitter

Slightly OT:

From the Beeb message board: "In recent years they have begun calling themselves Christians, when in the past they have done their best not to use the term."

Anyone remember that? I'm sure in the 1980s I was told to answer "No, I'm a Jehovah's Witness" if anyone asked if I was Christian.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Glitter check this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/93581/1.ashx CHAMELEON JEHOVAH'S CHRISTIAN WITNESSES MORPH THEIR NAME The word "Christian" has been added to Jehovah's Witnesses now because many people don't think Witnesses are Christian

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Has anyone ever considered that this is the reason why they stopped mailing out the mags on a subscription basis? They are sick of us "apostates" getting ahold of their material and using it against them so now the only way to get it is to pick it up from the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit