Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    10. Today, The Watchtower is the primary Bible study aid for members of the faith, is published bi-weekly, and currently has an average printing of 26.4 million copies.....of which the larger degree sit gathering dust on publisher's shelves because no one wants to read the crap!!!
  • avishai
    avishai
    There's a fine line between non-profit and for-profit businesses. Even volunteers may have rights as "employees" if they turn in time like employees, report on sales like employees, and so on. A judge may rule, "Even though they are volunteers, they behave in every other way like an employee. Therefore labour laws apply." You can see where this might go with the WTBTS. Sister BarelyWalk slips on a sidewalk, breaks her hip....

Similarly the WTS literature, though technically purchased through voluntary payment, may be deemed by a Judge to be "purchased". If so, I an enterprising bureaucrat may inquire about WTBTS profits and ask them to submit a rather hefty tax bill. Something to think about.

If that gets enforced, I want back wages.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    If that gets enforced, I want back wages.

LOL!! Indeed! From an earlier post:

Time = money . We were unpaid magazine venders.

Let's see how much the time I gave them was worth. I was in the borg for about 15 years. That equals:

• 5 hour-long meetings a week, 49 weeks a year (factoring in missed meetings) = 3,675 hours for the 15 years. That's 5 1/2 months non-stop of my life devoted to meetings.
    • 7 hours a day on convention days, 8 convention days a year (and adding in 5 more convention days for the longer conventions in the 1970s) = 875 hours for the 15 years.
    • 4 hours of field service on average per month. Yeah, I lied about my hours. = 720 hours for the 15 years.

That gives me a total of 5,270 hours for the 15 years, not counting things like getting reading for meetings, driving time, shepherding calls I had to endure, Bible studies, etc. Now, if we assume a flat minimum wage of $3 an hour, that means I forked over a value of $15,800 to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Adjusting for inflation, it's probably worth $25,000 now.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/96796/1656539/post.ashx#1656539

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Leo -

Not long ago a sister about to go out on field service was hit by an elder in his car. The WTS claimed they had no resposibility for her, as she was not at that point actively engaging in preaching. They lost the case and had to pay her compensation.

You may well have a case...

HB

• Scully
    Scully

hamsterbait writes:

Not long ago a sister about to go out on field service was hit by an elder in his car. The WTS claimed they had no resposibility for her, as she was not at that point actively engaging in preaching. They lost the case and had to pay her compensation.

HA! Can you feel the love? LMAO

I wonder if she's still a JW....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

hamsterbait....If so, would that be a breech of child labor laws?

http://www.stopchildlabor.org/USchildlabor/fact1.htm

The bulk of the time was spent when I was a minor. Would "magazine marketing" and long hours spent in service meetings and study of the magazines to be used in distribution (not to mention conventions) count as "newspaper delivery"??

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    OMG!!! This is rediculous!!

Well, what can I do to help this time? Whatever you need, we're behind you!!!!

I feel the same way. I'm behind you, and will do what ever I can do.

• Simon
    Simon

I can't believe they have the nerve !!

They are really getting desperate to suppress information about themselves as the internet becomes more and more pervasive.

Get what WTS? YOU CAN'T PUT WHAT YOU SAID BACK IN THE BOTTLE.

You are a pathetic bunch of fakes who have abused people for far too long.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You are a pathetic bunch of fakes who have abused people for far too long.

They're fakes, all right. But in this case they've shown what they're really after. Money and control.

They complain about their writings being placed on the internet - the same writings they freely distribute themselves. If they were really concerned about their "preaching work" that they claim is so urgent they would be glad that someone is making this "spiritual food" available to all.

W

• minimus
    minimus

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit