Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I think the key to this might be the claim that the information on the CD is only for JWs. That means that those thinking of joining the religion would effectively be denied access to this information, preventing them from making an informed choice. If they come across the information after they have become JWs, they will most likely leave the religion. As the punishment for leaving is so severe and traumatic, it is in the public interest for this information to be made available to people before they make the irreversible decision to become a JW.

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

New Press Release ready for everyone to use to publicize this issue:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/98243/1.ashx

Brandon

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

bump

Just a few more ideas...

1) So the WT-CD is for JWs only. What's to stop Quotes from saying he is a JW? Do you need to be part of an organized cult religion to be a "Witness of Jehovah"? If Quotes believes in God, and believes his name is Jehovah, then he has all rights to own that CD-ROM

2) So if it ends up being a copyright issue. Why can't Quotes continue his website showing only quotes from publications with expired copyrights?

3) I like the mirror site idea. If Quotes shuts down his website, or is forced to shut it down, I'll be willing to help construct this thing and give ideas to help the site become fully restored.

4) If this isn't in the "Private" section of the forum, it should be.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    4) If this isn't in the "Private" section of the forum, it should be.

I knew a Witness once who believed the religion was so important that he just knew the FBI had files on everyone of them. He even thought black cars were tracking them in field service and thought one of his Return Visits was asking to many questions to be real and stopped going back, and when the guy moved a month later, he thought that was proof enough. Personally, I think the organization cares about as much for this site, as the FBI care about the Witnesses.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nevertheless, scrutiny is given to these pages when there's $$$$ involved. Any good lawyer would. Amazing1914's threads were all removed to keep everything he had written from being printed by the WT lawyers.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Free,

Strange how they cared about Quotes site. Who would have thought? So they don't monitor any ex-Witness sites? Only if it's financially feasible to them. Well, there's your answer.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In addition to sending the press release above to your local newspapers, radio and t.v., post it on any other forum you belong to. I've already done so on two that I belong to, and I'm not done yet. Tomorrow I'm going to concentrate on local newspapers, but I would like to venture to the Catholic and Protestant papers as well. E-mail it to everyone you know. Let's raise such a raucus that the Watchtower Society is indeed going to need "damage control." Let's give them the exposure they are not anticpating. P.S. I see that Freeminds.org is already spreading the word. Is their a way we can get the word out to all ex-JW's forums?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Jehovah's Witnesses file $100,000 suit to Silence Embarrassing Whistle-blower Website

Why would WTBTS leadership want to shut down a web site that did nothing more than quote from their own religious literature? ... Date : Monday - September 12, 2005 JEHOVAH WITNESS FAQ (ArriveNet - Sep 12, 2005 ...

• ArriveNet
    • 9/13/2005

Press release # 4 to date submitted by Danny Haszard slightly modified to fit header spacing.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ive only just read this Quotes. Im gobsmacked... I just hope this gets as much publicity as possible and the WT are made to look as stupid as they are.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses file $100,000 suit to Silence Embarrassing ...
    Pressbox.co.uk (press release) - London,UK
    Jehovah's Witnesses, who publicly trumpet their past legal battles to protect freedom of the press, _expression, and religion, hypocritically file suit for ...

PR piece # 5 submitted by Danny Haszard with hyperlink to quotes website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit